What do you think about NDE? Life after death?

by Mowgliandbalu 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

My answer might surprise people since I'm an outspoken atheist and naturalist on here.

If there is life after death in some way I do NOT believe it would be supernatural! There would be a perfectly natural explanation that we can't figure out yet.

I have seen very convincing stories for reincarnation and even more so in a massive way for NDEs.

If and again if.... it is true then there are two things that need to be done.

1. A double-blind trail to prove it exists. For instance and open book in a room where someone is doing a 'Flatliner' type test. The unknown book can then be read by the so-called NDE person and then they can relay that etc.

2. The most important of all going beyond point one is to establish WHY. What natural explanation is there?

If you can prove one two is a matter of research.

When it comes to NDE and things like Astral Projection like the fictional character Fox Mulder on X-Files:

"I want to believe."

But I need evidence. Don't let that stop people from doing double-blind trails.

• waton
    waton
    I think NDEs are just hallucinations caused by an oxygen starved brain

a w: all "sterben" is starving of the brain, The old dutch knew that. same word.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't know what to think about life after death.

The one life I have that I know is real is right now, as a human being.

I'm trying to live a good life and do my best NOW. I'll find out if life after death is real or nonsense on my death bed, hopefully many years away.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Trial studies with Dimethyltryptamine have similar outcomes as NDEs. The oxygen starved brain theory may be a factor, but it doesn't seem to hold water.

If there is life after death in some way I do NOT believe it would be supernatural! There would be a perfectly natural explanation that we can't figure out yet.

This is an example of having faith in science. A supernatural experience is shared. One does not want to accept the possibility of the supernatural being real. So the idea is created - "There must be a rational, natural, scientific explanation. We just don't have it yet." That idea is no different that someone saying, "The Bible's account of creation must be true. You just have to have faith."

As more research comes in on consciousness it tends to shed light on NDEs. I am starting to think that our brains are a receiver for consciousness like a TV is for television signals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit