Why did I never see THESE scriptures before?

by BoogerMan 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

July 15 Simplified Study Watchtower par 8, p. 24 - “We need to obey the faithful and discreet slave to have Jehovah’s approval.”

(John 14:6) Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me, or the WTBTS Inc."

(Acts 4:12) "Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men – except the WTBTS Inc. - by which we must get saved.”

(1 Timothy 2:5) "For there are two mediators between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, and the WTBTS Inc."

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Was there any scriptures used in the article to support that claim? I suspect your new version could find its way up the food chain!

• jhine
    jhine

Maybe because they didn't want you to see them ?

Jan

• LV101
    LV101

I can't believe that Watchtower -- brainwashed and we didn't catch that reading all those journals!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Cult!

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

OOPS - the self-appointed 'fartful slave' clearly rejected their predecessors' wisdom & truth;

w78 6/1 p. 26 - "Hence, an approved standing before God....can only be gained in the manner that Jehovah God has purposed, namely, through faith in Jesus Christ..."

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

I predict that in future editions of the NWT, certain instances of 'Jehovah' will be followed by 'and his organisation'.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

So vital to find the right organization

"Yes! genuine Christians are now being gathered into a united brotherhood earth wide. Who are they? They are the Christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses..." (Watchtower, July 1, 1994 p. 7)

"The Scriptures strongly support the conclusion that at Armageddon Jehovah will destroy the peoples of the earth, saving only those who obey his commandments to stand by his organization." (Jehovah's Witnesses - Proclaimers of God's Kingdom, 1993, p. 170)

"We will be impelled to serve Jehovah loyally with his organization if we remember that there is nowhere else to go for life eternal."
    (Watchtower, November 15, 1992 p. 21 - "Serve Jehovah Loyally"

"Bible students need to get acquainted with the organization of the "one flock" Jesus spoke about at John 10:16. They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah's organization is essential to their salvation. (Rev. 7:9, 10, 15) Therefore, we should start directing our Bible students to the organization as soon as a Bible study is established." (Our Kingdom Ministry, November 1990 p. 1)

"Respond to the directions of the organization as you would the voice of God." (WT 6/15/1957, p. 370)

"You must be part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of eternal life." (You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth p.255)

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." (Watchtower, September 1, 1989 p.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

You don't see certain scriptures because the Borg has a tapestry of scriptures they only want you to see,, or understand

• telmac
    telmac

This is very true - you only see what they want you to see. I can't believe how I sat through the book study when we did the Revelation book. When I look back over the text it is truly awful - so glaringly inaccurate. If you open up the Bible book of Revelation and read it alongside the JW book, it seems so obvious - but I didn't see it at the time. You read the answer from the paragraph just as they expect you to, and you are not encouraged to think - just mindlessly reel off the answers as given. I know all the 'study aids' are bad, but the JW Revelation book in particular is very bad - it twists and turns like a frenzied eel and takes scripture after scripture out of context. I must have been totally braindead! I am so angry with myself for not thinking! All I had to do was think for myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit