Does any other denomination change Doctrines as often as JW's?

by TerryWalstrom 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JeffT
    JeffT

Most mainstream Christian churches share a core of accepted important doctrines, which could fit on a postcard. (After leaving the WTBS I attended an independent Evangelical church that did precisely that).

Those core doctrines concern the nature of Christ, salvation through faith, baptism, and the importance of scripture. Everything else is regarded as secondary and a matter of personal belief. I have a five volume encyclopedia of the bible that will lay out multiple interpretations of an idea, followed by the arguments for each, and then leave it up to the reader to decide what he thinks.

The problem the WTBS has in this regard is the need to be right about every single thing they can think of. Personally, I think some parts of the Bible are there to get us to think about the questions, not to provide answers.

• sir82
    sir82

It's telling that whenever someone who is "prominent" on the GB dies, within a few years numerous policy and/or doctrinal changes occur.

Happened with Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, Jaracz....

It will undoubtedly happen again when, say, Splane kicks the bucket. He seems to be the champion of the convoluted "overlapping generations" idea.

The "overlapping generations" thing is beyond absurd. It is a parody of itself. I expect that within a year or 2 of Splane's death, "new light" will once more burst forth.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS is a commercialized exploitation of beliefs which the orchestrated leaders devised and enacted through charlatanism, no wonder the doctrines keep on failing or need to be revised.

Was it a true preaching Gospel faithfully adherent to Jesus's instruction ? , of course not.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, this is clearly evidence of a man-led religion (well- they all are really, right?)

If the bible is to be taken as God's word, it clearly states that "God is the same yesterday, and tomorrow", and that he "never changes"

So....that contradicts these modern religions.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The moment CT Russell proclaimed that Jesus took his throne in 1874 and his new kingdom was to commence in 1914 , the die was set for all other doctrines to follow.

Great alluring proclamations to make and certainly good for literature publishing, but it wasn’t faithfully inline with Jesus’s instructions for preaching his Gospel.

The WTS. and it’s leaders could therefore never been the faithful slave but false prophets who Jesus instructed his followers to not listen to.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. leaders were more loyal to themselves , the publishing business they ran and their self made identity but that too was false.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

With all of the false prophesies stated by the WTS, how could any other religion have more flip flops. No one has predicted the end of the world more than the WTS I thought, I may be wrong....please correct me if I am.

The Truth Will Set You Free

TTWSYF

• zeb
    zeb

Jeff T. thanks for you reply here.

When the CARC was streaming i sat to see and listen to what the elders under questioning would say.

Jesus words to his disciples, so often quoted to us by the wt and please see Luke 12v11, said 'not to worry if you are taken before justices (etc) as the words you need will be given to you.' (by the Holy spirit.)

The elders fumbled and shuffled took great pauses and the best they could come up with in the first round of hearings was ..."We would call the branch office.". It was apparent watching these elders they expected the questioners to roll over and say "ok thats fine, off you go." but they did not.

There was no defence uttered no holy spirit evident.

The second round of evidence giving was even worse than the first as the wt had many days to prepare their case and if they prayed for help via the holy spirit it was NOT forthcoming.

• Hecce
    Hecce

The core doctrines of the WT like the trinity, hell, soul immortality and a few others were adopted from other denominations and over the years they have suffered little or no change.

Everything else, created by WT by WT thinkers, like 1914, 1975, Superior Authorities and more are based on quick sand and subject to adjustments at any time by whoever is in charge.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

Scientology is consistently changing their books by editing them and then the cult members are liable to throw out their old books and buy the new ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit