Can the governing body be Trump(ed)?

by eyeuse2badub 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Forgive me if someone else has already started a post on this subject. But the constant BS in the US news everyday influenced me to draw a parallel, at least in my mind!

Have you also noticed a strongly similar pattern of behavior among the Watchtower leaders (GB) and the president of the USA? Here’s just a few that I can readily see: 1) Relentlessly denying any wrong doing, 2) deflecting blame to others, 3) paying of “hush money”, 4) making stupid and outlandish public statements or on twitter or thru broadcasts, 5) openly ‘demonizing’ those who dare disagree with them. Anything else that I missed?

The biggest difference I see is that we didn’t even have a vote in the election of the GB members. Too bad we can’t ‘impeach them’!

just saying!

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Yes, Donald Trump suffers from exhibitionist narcissism, and Jehovah's Witnesses as an organization has a collectively narcissistic culture, so their pretty similar. I can explain what I mean by that.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

What does that have to do with the price of beans in Malawi? Either your smoking something or you need to.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Are you talking to me or to the OP? I love to smoke by the way, you should try it sometime.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Standard Operating Procedure for authoritarian leaders.

• blondie
    blondie

I see narcissism in both camps. Good summary of traits.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The biggest difference I see is that we didn’t even have a vote in the election of the GB members - yes, Trump was democratically elected whereas the GB have no democratic mandate.

Trump will be gone in either two years or six years but the poor bastards in Dub Land are stuck with the GB. XD

And Trump doesn't try to control what people believe and think, that's another huge difference.

Trump is narcissistic, like the GB and most other powerful people - no surprise there.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    And Trump doesn't try to control what people believe and think, that's another huge difference.

*Facepalm*.

There are still idiots who believe Obama wasn't born in this country.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

*Facepalm*.

There are still idiots who believe Obama wasn't born in this country - Trump tries to influence what people think and believe, evidently with a degree of success.

But he does not control what people think and believe ... very important difference!

The GB controls what 8 million JWs believe. This is much, much worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit