Dont understand...

by nowawake14 10 Replies latest jw friends

• nowawake14
    nowawake14

Why is it that born-in jw children/teens who are not unbaptized publishers allowed to participate in the preaching work, but new people can't? That's dumb.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Only ‘approved’ people can go preaching. They have to prove they are living a JW approved life before they let them go door to door. Can’t allow someone to go who is living in sin, or celebrating holidays or something

• blondie
    blondie

People who have been studying with jws for awhile, regularly attending meetings, commenting, and have brought their lives into harmony with WTS rules/policies, can be deemed an unbaptized publisher. All candidates have to meet with 2 or 3 elders and answer some basic questions. I'll look them up unless someone has them easily accessible.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014938#h=9:0-30:371

MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS

6 Before inviting a person to go from house to house for the first time, you should be sure that he meets certain qualifications. A person who accompanies us in the field ministry identifies himself publicly with Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is therefore understood that he has already brought his life into harmony with Jehovah’s righteous standards and can be an unbaptized publisher.

7 As you study with a person and discuss Bible principles with him, you have likely become aware of his circumstances. You may have observed that he is living in harmony with what he has learned. But there are some aspects of the student’s life that the elders will want to discuss with the two of you together.

8 The coordinator of the body of elders will arrange for two elders (one being a member of the service committee) to discuss these matters with you and the Bible student. In congregations that have very few elders, an elder and a capable ministerial servant may do this. The brothers chosen should endeavor to have this discussion without delay. In fact, if they learn of the student’s desire at a congregation meeting, it may be possible for them to talk to you and your student after the meeting. The atmosphere should be relaxed. Before the student can be approved as an unbaptized publisher, the following must be true:

• He believes that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.​—2 Tim. 3:16.

• He knows and believes the basic teachings of the Scriptures so that when asked questions, he will answer in harmony with the Bible and not according to false religious teachings or his own ideas.​—Matt. 7:21-23; 2 Tim. 2:15.

• He is heeding the Bible’s command to associate with Jehovah’s people at congregation meetings if he is able to do so.​—Ps. 122:1; Heb. 10:24, 25.

• He knows what the Bible teaches about sexual immorality, including adultery, polygamy, and homosexuality, and is living in harmony with those teachings. If the person is living with one of the opposite sex who is not a relative, the two must be properly married.​—Matt. 19:9; 1 Cor. 6:9, 10; 1 Tim. 3:2, 12; Heb. 13:4.

• He is heeding the Bible’s prohibition against drunkenness and is free from all nonmedical use of addictive or mind-altering natural or synthetic substances.​—2 Cor. 7:1; Eph. 5:18; 1 Pet. 4:3, 4.

• He sees the value of avoiding unwholesome association.​—1 Cor. 15:33.

• He has definitely broken off membership in all false religious organizations with which he may have been affiliated. He has ceased attending their services and sharing in or supporting their activities.​—2 Cor. 6:14-18; Rev. 18:4.

• He is free from all involvement in the political affairs of the world.​—John 6:15; 15:19;Jas. 1:27.

• He believes and lives in harmony with what Isaiah 2:4 says about the affairs of the nations.

• He really wants to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.​—Ps. 110:3.

9 If the elders are not sure how the student feels about any of these matters, they should ask him, perhaps using the scriptures here cited as a basis for the discussion. It is important that he understand that those who share with Jehovah’s Witnesses in their preaching activity must be leading a life that harmonizes with these Scriptural requirements. What he says will help the elders determine whether he knows what is expected of him and whether he is qualified to a reasonable degree to begin participating in the field ministry.

10 The elders should promptly let the student know whether he qualifies. In most cases, this is possible at the conclusion of the discussion. If he is qualified, the elders can warmly welcome the individual as a publisher. (Rom. 15:7) He should be encouraged to begin sharing in the field ministry as soon as possible and to turn in a field service report at the end of the month. The elders can explain that when a Bible student qualifies as an unbaptized publisher and reports field service for the first time, a Congregation’s Publisher Record card is made out in his name and included in the congregation file. They can assure him that all the elders take an interest in the field service reports that are turned in each month.

11 Our getting better acquainted with the new publisher and showing a personal interest in what he has accomplished can have a fine effect on the individual. It may move him to turn in field service reports regularly and to make even greater efforts to serve Jehovah.​—Phil. 2:4; Heb. 13:2.

12 Once the elders have determined that the Bible student qualifies to engage in the field ministry, he is eligible to receive his own copy of Organized to Do Jehovah’s Will. After he reports field service for the first time, a brief announcement that he is a new unbaptized publisher will be made to the congregation.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the ironic thing is the born-in jw's who are unbaptized publishers are probably leading far more immoral "double lives" then the the newly interested ones who would like to go out preaching

• blondie
    blondie

I would find it hard to make that generalization. The number of people we personally know that are doing that has to be limited. I was not born in and had a non-jw father. I was viewed as suspicious, a danger to the born ins. I knew some that led double lives, some born-ins some not.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

double life behaviour for us born ins was endemic Blondie, it went across the entire board, from a respected elders the lot, I was really quite surprised, so called recovered alcoholic elders caught sneaking out of the liquor store to another elder caught in a traffic jam/road rage incident yelling the very worst expletives one could ever hope to hear, the list is endless in fact the ones leading clean moral lives was clearly in the minority, many elders quielty used to comment (my father was an elder) about how surprised the R&F would really be if they knew the actual amount of JC's that took place

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Mostly because born ins are well known by the local elders, their attendance/behavior etc.

• Steel
    Steel

I still laugh when people call it work. Trying to hand out literature to people who don't want it so you can hand in a time card so your family doesn't stop talking to you.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Born-ins are trap in a cult and because of this they are expected to act like little adults think like little adults and knock on doors like little adults selling their brand of cult religion. Making money on the backs of children. It is easier to make a born-in into a publisher than what blondie showed us it takes to make a convert into a publisher. Boy did that information make my head spend. We truly were in a cult. Still Totally ADD

• Biahi
    Biahi

Jookbeard, you made me think of that scripture that says “By their fruits, you will recognize them” . Drunk elders, road rage etc. yeah, it’s the truth, NOT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit