When many of the GB are dead in 10 years

by HiddenPimo 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

What will be their new plan?

• hybridous
    hybridous

Have they not already laid the groundwork for warming those seats with non-anointed company men?

Helpers?

I think they have their 'continuation of religious government' plan already worked out.

Anyways, if these guys are not really calling the shots and are just figureheads (as has been asserted), then I don't know anything would change upon their demise. The same sinister forces would likely be in play behind scenes.

Best we can hope for is a strong personality to rise up and try to take control. I think we are due for a schism.

• waton
    waton

Wt predicts that the overlapping generation of partakers will last to 2075. It can be proven. With the likes of Fred Franz, who was one of those and definitely a spiritual provider in the F&DS of 1919 vintage (although he did not live to learn that).

Wt can keep filling those seats in the Wednesday board room with suitable candidates. To be candid, interesting choices can show up.

Schism? along doctrinal lines? organizational? wt has proven very resilient. selling hope, family.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I find it somewhat amazing and also somewhat sad that many old time JW`s have conveniently forgotten what was printed on the inside cover of the Watchtower magazine not that many years ago.

Basically it went something like this . { those that saw and understood the events that took place in 1914 ,that generation would not pass away until all these things occur }

And that is why they stated and inferred that before the end of the 20th Century Armageddon and the New System would be here.

And its now 20 years later with no indication that either is going to happen.

It must be extremely hard for an individual who has spent a lifetime believing something to admit to themselves that they have been misled all of those years .

Is it pride ? stubbornness ? embarrassment ? guilt ? that prevents a person from admitting that to themselves ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Bullshit some more, unfortunately there are enough naive, gullible idiots in the world that will believe them and the support goes on.

They are already down playing the 1914 date, so will that year get the final boot out of the JWS theology once and for all ?.

I think it will one day for in doing so it released them from the following generation(s) problem.

• waton
    waton
    I think it will one day for in doing so it released them from the following generation(s) problem.

Fs: There is a new generation of witnesses appearing 20-30 year old, ministerial servants, elders, and those that want to be, --that will not even entertain any thought about the old doctrines, and . that says in effect: These beliefs were generated by you, the old generation, sustained by you, --so, --worry about your problems. we have our own, the harder future.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY3:

I remember that statement printed inside the cover of the magazine.

They very nicely removed it because it probably was embarrassing.. Now all the Witnesses have selective memory loss as though the religion never said those things!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    It must be extremely hard for an individual who has spent a lifetime believing something to admit to themselves that they have been misled all of those years .
    Is it pride ? stubbornness ? embarrassment ? guilt ? that prevents a person from admitting that to themselves ?

looking back 50 years ago--i was a young man, married--buying my first house, gave up pioneering a year before and now earning good money.

we had a new circuit servant--a young man and his wife..not much older than me. Bevan Vigo. first time i had met a circo that wasnt already one foot in the grave. he was a very likeable guy. Any Brits remember him ?

i read on here a year or 2 back that he was now at the London beth hell..along with Peter Ellis--another i remember from back then.

i wonder what those guys really think deep down. Do they know their lives have been a complete waste of time? What have they got for it ?

• Half banana
    Half banana

@ stan: I knew them both. I have asked the same questions and the answer is puzzling.

As a JW, to avoid too much mental conflict I took a lot of the Bible and JW teachings with a pinch of salt and I imagined that others did so as well, especially those in control.

As I was fading (already atheist and evolutionist) I went to a KH dedication led by Bevan Vigo, he was articulate and well dressed in an expensive and stylish tweed suit. A host of local councillors attended poor things! To have to listen to JWs ranting for an hour must have been torture for them but what interested me was Vigo's uncompromising denunciation of evolution. The subject was quite irrelevant to the dedication but it was his sense of being implacably faithful to a literal reading of the Bible which counted for him, even if he knew in his heart it was dodgy reasoning. The heavyweight JWs have to be seen and heard being utterly devout to the cause. Logic and evidence don't even make a showing.

It made me realise the possibility that there is a psychological charade taking place and a need to constantly top it up with JW rhetoric to keep the illusion going. My respect for Bevan Vigo plummeted.

Not long afterwards he suffered a breakdown and I did wonder if his submerged cognitive dissonance had asserted itself.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I think Watchtower has done some things, not necessarily for this reason, to ensure there isn't another schism as when Charles Taze Russell died. With Watchtower taking direct control over the property rights of every Kingdom Hall and congregation funds it seem really unlikely for that to occur.

In the past, there have been whole congregations that parted ways with the Watchtower. I remember as a kid always thumbing through the telephone book inside our hotel rooms. I would look up the local Kingdom Hall in it. One time I came across two separate entries. I asked my dad what the second one meant (It had a different label than "Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses). He said it was most likely a whole congregation that "left the Truth." You could do that if your congregation owns the Kingdom Hall like back in the day.

Watchtower says whatever it wants and the Witnesses believe it like their lives depend on it. They can tell you the sky is yellow and I can already hear Witnesses saying "Yeah. Yeah. I can actually see it now. The sky is sort of a yellow."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit