Fear of Man!

by integ 11 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

In an upcoming watchtower study article about Youth's, it is brought out that young witnesses never hesitate to acknowledge the fact they are " one of Jehovah's Witnesses" when asked. And to be prepared to "make a defense" to anyone asking the reason behind their faith. And also are admonished (witnessism) to not ever have a "fear of man". In my opinion witnesses would do well to heed this "wise counsel" and not be in fear of - ELDERS, GB, CO'S, DO'S, ETC, ETC. That is truly being in fear of man. I think most witnesses are controlled by their fear of these men. Being DF'd etc. They would do much better and trust in God, instead of the interpretations of imperfect (spirtually criminal) men.

• integ
    integ

Integ,

That's an interesting point. Thank you for sharing your insights on the latest Watchtower articles. You realize no-one will respond to you, because you did'nt pose an interesting question. Realize my dear friend, in order to receive feedback from this board you need to post interesting topics such as "What toys did you play with as a child?" or "When was your first kiss?" You must understand my friend that these are the topics that people respond to on this forum. If you wish to get responses stick to venomous bashing of witnesses. And please leave current topics such as the latest news from the mags and "Hall" to people who have been OUT of the org for a few years. They are the ones we wish to get our info from. NOT some guy who still attends meetings once in a while, and reads the mags to get the latest "light". We really don't care what people who can share the insights that only people on the inside can offer, have to say here. Whether or not you are bailing on the org or not. Your insights are not welcome my friend. Now if you post a question on masturbation techniques...We'll be here to give you our two cents. Thanks, Buddy. P.S: I't would help if on further posts that you close with an obligatory "All witnesses are shitheads".

Thank You.

• onacruse
    onacruse

integ, I couldn't agree more. In fact, that's one of the things that has gotten me into "trouble" over the years. I was raised to speak my mind fearlessly, and that I did. Unfortunately, when the tables started to turn and the WTS and elders became "targets" of my opinions, well...that didn't set too well, at all. LOL

My family has told me more than once that I should have learned to keep my mouth shut. I've always said back:"But that's not the way I was raised to be."

Craig

• nilfun
  • Gopher
    Gopher
    We really don't care what people who can share the insights that only people on the inside can offer, have to say here.

I don't agree with that. There are insiders here who bring reports on organizational developments, meeting points, etc. and they get good response on this forum. I can think of Happyman and Jourles, there must be others.

I found your statement interesting, however I wasn't logged on to the forum as I was working in the office. I'd love to be able to read and respond to each post, however this forum has too much volume for anyone but the most devoted to keep up with it all.

That having been said, I was amused by the thoughts you presented, that the same people who tell you "have no fear of man" (speaking of outsiders) expected you to have fear of THEM.

So the article said "young witnesses never hesitate to identify themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses when asked"?? I always hesitated, because I knew we were viewed as strange. I only "witnessed" when the occasion was almost perfect for it. Otherwise, it was just too hard. We JW kids were so different.

Most JW's are controlled by fear of the leadership figures in the organization? They won't admit to it. However these men can at their whim open up an investigation of anyone in the congregation. They do hold power and control, in that they can deprive anyone of family and friends at almost any time, if they get out their microscope and look for cracks in their fellow brothers.

I hope you'll keep posting your thoughts. Even if nobody responds at first, many read what you say -- perhaps it's so well said that people don't feel like there is much more to add!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Integ, You offered a bit of good insight and a good laugh. Thank you, JamesT

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Now we'll never know nilfun.

• Francois
    Francois

Not me buddy. I never admitted that I was a JW. Too embarrassing. On the few times I was asked, I claimed to be Presbyterian.

francois

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    That's an interesting point. Thank you for sharing your insights on the latest Watchtower articles. You realize no-one will respond to you, because you did'nt pose an interesting question. Realize my dear friend, in order to receive feedback from this board you need to post interesting topics such as "What toys did you play with as a child?" or "When was your first kiss?" You must understand my friend that these are the topics that people respond to on this forum. If you wish to get responses stick to venomous bashing of witnesses. And please leave current topics such as the latest news from the mags and "Hall" to people who have been OUT of the org for a few years. They are the ones we wish to get our info from. NOT some guy who still attends meetings once in a while, and reads the mags to get the latest "light". We really don't care what people who can share the insights that only people on the inside can offer, have to say here. Whether or not you are bailing on the org or not. Your insights are not welcome my friend. Now if you post a question on masturbation techniques...We'll be here to give you our two cents. Thanks, Buddy. P.S: I't would help if on further posts that you close with an obligatory "All witnesses are shitheads".

LOL!!! I've decided that I like you, Integ.

That doesn't mean I'll post to all your threads though.

Expatbrit

• Brummie
    Brummie

lol @ integs excellent response to the person who started this thread.

BTW you will be surprised how quickly the paronia fades

Brumm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit