Zoom Memorial

by gabcol 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skin
    skin

Stan, nows the time. 7pm it starts.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I wonder if armageddon will start at the international date line? And follow around the world.

I too will keep the peace.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Gabcol said,

'' I always felt like no matter where I went in the world, if I went to a meeting I felt like they were my family... and now when I attended, I felt like an outsider.''

Me too.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I noted the memorial attendance was down last year to 17.8 million. This year is likely alot less

• waton
    waton

how do they do the count? there was no pause for asking for raised, or emptied glasses, girls doing the serving, wow! , lots of cameras off. systems down. true family affairs. and

even with a good speaker the big disconnect between the sacrifice for all, symbols of means to get everlasting life, adam like, and

why only the 144 000 should partake. why everlasting life, slowly attained through 1000 years will be done without the ransom, without the symbols of it.

an empty ness at the end, filled with wt commercials.

• JWPrince
    JWPrince

I sat through the snoozefest because my wife's siblings have been putting so much pressure on her about it and the fact that we have faded she is practically suicidal. Some joker from Patterson gave it. As someone who gave dozens of them myself to audiences between 350-1200, I have to say, this was less interesting than a Joe Biden press conference. Just totally unpolished, constant misstatements that he had to back up and correct. If this is the best they have out there now (Bethel elder), it is pathetic. My BIL (a MS) could have done a better job. It's just sad, generic drivel. Biggest mistake they made was not to handle it like a convention. Have a few of the very best work up something really worthy of a worldwide audience, (scrap that piece of crap outline) and then show it in each time zone online.

Thankfully, it only comes around once a year. 🙄

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Been and gone here for almost 24 hours. I spun a story to my father to get out of attending. It wasn’t that I didn’t have the time. It was more out of principle that I didn’t want to attend. Lol

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Holy schitt...this memorial talk was bad, boring & a waste of time!

I noticed of the 120 frame participants...close to 50 (42%) of those participants had their video camera off.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I grew up listening to Jw drivel, Don't care to hear about it as an adult. Can really put the brain dead to sleep. Not me.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

When it comes to the Memorial, among other things, I was always puzzled by how fussy they were about the type of wine, the bread recipe and the day and the hour it was held. They wanted everything to be exactly like it was at the original event, yet weeks beforehand, they'd go around the community inviting complete strangers to the Memorial even though there was no indication that anyone but Jesus current associates were in attendance back in the day. There is no indication in the Bible that the Apostles went around inviting anyone else to attend the Last Supper.

In terms of accuracy, the original meal was held in an upper room and they were all physically together in it. How true to the original can they be in this regard when everyone is attending via Zoom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit