GDPR Day

by Phoebe 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

So, it's May 25th - GDPR day. Has anyone had a last minute visit from the elders?

I've been out shopping and I have come home to find a note pushed through the door saying two elders and one elder's wife had called by.

Why would two elders + wife come to see me? Sounds like one too many people and I am suspicious.

Not sure if it's to do with the GDPR - which I won't sign and have avoided since they first asked.

• Blade R
    Blade R

Mi situación es que he estado alejado de la secta durante siete años como "inactivo", mi esposa es PIMI y le he preguntado al respecto, su respuesta es que nadie ha preguntado por mí ni cree que me visitarán. .Pienso que no te quieren visitar por GDPR, pero esperamos a ver en que resulta.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

As part of our country's ongoing commitment to doing whatever the EU tells us to do, I guess we should be grateful that anyone aspiring to snowflakery will be safer and happier under the new GDPR legislation. And belonging to the EU only costs us around £400 million gross every week. Bargain!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PHOEBE:

I don’t think this is just a social call and, sorry to say, I think you are on their radar for not wanting to sign this forum.

I have read on another thread (can’t remember which) that they are making it a point to shame people and call them “not loyal” and “having a bad attitude” if they won’t sign the form. Their ‘privileges’ will be removed.

Sorry if you are in for family because you are going to be backed into a corner!

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

LongHairGal

That's terrible. Virtually black mailing people to sign.

Yes, you are right. I am on their radar.

But, they can do what they like as I stopped going over a year ago and my kids and husband gave up years ago. So I have no one left in the WT I care about.

The two elders that came my husband calls them 'good cop, bad cop'

They will just not leave us in peace!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hi PHOEBE:

Well, I’m glad you are all out so they cannot use anybody against you. In time, they’ll give up. Meanwhile, I would look before answering the door.

I think this bad treatment of people refusing to sign is going to cause even more JWs to leave the religion.

I have been out many years and I cannot imagine they would bother sending me a form, but who knows? They shouldn’t waste their time or paper.👎🏻

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

They probably lost your number and only have your address. Hense the visit.

Try sticking this sign on your door

Image result for no jehovah witness sign

• Corney
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Why would two elders + wife come to see me?

That's their idea of them making you feel at ease.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit