Money donated for a specific reason

by enoughisenough 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I decided to do this posting because of some comments in the post about Pensions. In the mid to Late 1980's there was a flood and the local Kingom Hall was damaged and many of the friends homes were damaged...groups came in to help repair. My then mother-in-law literally lost everything-she had no home to repair...she had been renting a small trailer and it washed away. She also spent the night in the rafters of a business to keep alive. A well to do brother from another congregation gave the then presiding overseer $30,000 to be distributed to the friends in need. My mother in law had gone to a fema trailer in a town over an hour away....out of sight, out of mind. She lost more than anyone in that congregation, but the elder in charge clearly forgot about her or just didn't care. I don't know who got how much money, but he had money left over and sent it to the WTBTS. In another instance, a sister sold a car to an elder...instead of payment to her she told him to make a donation in the amount...we doubted that happened as it was never shown to happen-or maybe he is still doing it in the process. This same sister also gave money to the elders to distribute to others as needed. I suppose they did.

A sister's husband left her and she had 2 girls...she was working at whatever she could find...her clothes were hanging off her. I slipped a card with money I could ill afford to part with into her bag. She never thanked me. all she said later was her daughters were to give me a card which I never got. (I thought that strange)

• hoser
    hoser

If you’re not popular expect nothing from the congregation.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH:

Because there is no infrastructure or department there for the care of the needy, any money given will go into a black hole. It’s not going to go to who you would wish it to.

HOSER:

That is very true and all the more reason I worked full-time and looked out for myself years ago when I was in the religion.

Besides, all I had to do was look around the hall at older people collecting THEIR pensions. Yeah, pioneer my a$$! I have No regrets about holding onto my job and anybody who knocked me back then too bad. I hope they can pay their bills!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

It's funny, When I was a Jw I was poor as dirt. Now that I'm out, I have abundance. I'm too poor to be a JW.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

EIE - The WBT$ only care about getting money for the corporation. They really don't care who suffers in the process. This is passed down the ranks so that any sniff of money will not go to help anyone. The WBT$ demands it all for themselves.

You have to remember they need all the money they can get so that they can protect paedophiles in lawsuit payments and providing drunken TOMO the turd with as much booze as possible. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the money is used to get the GB children to abuse.

Why does anyone expect love from this bunch of pervert loving pigs?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

My guess is that this wealthy brother did not do any research when he donated such a large sum to an individual with the expectation that it would be distributed effectively. This presiding overseer- what were his qualifications for managing this money? Did his past experience give any indication that he would plan out and distribute it effectively? Or did he just give it to him and expect that "Jehovah will direct things"?

This is a constant problem for the WTS, which affects the rank and file. Men are put into positions of authority, with the power to make certain decisions and manage property or funds or even legal matters, without any oversight to make sure that they know what they are doing. It's particularly bad when dealing with issues of sexual abuse, where men with zero training are suddenly playing the role of psychologist or psychiatrist combined with their roles as judge/jury/executioner.

Is it any surprise that they not only screw things up, but refuse to take any responsibility for the mess they create and even try to persecute anyone who points out their failures?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

When my ( late ) JW dad went into a care home--in 2013, i applied for and got Power of Attorney to look after all his finances etc. I soon discovered he had been paying £100 each and every month into the congregation funds. I stopped that immediately.

Then i found proof he had also paid £5000 towards the Kingdom Hall purchase fund--although when i found out that hall had already been sold for site redevelopment. ( I wonder where THAT money went ).

When he went into the care home--it was in a different KH area--but one of his former elder friends used to visit him--but that soon stopped. A local elderly sister also visited him a few times--but then she died. The only other visitor he had was a sister who came to the care home to do the residents hair styling. I paid her to do my dads--although she avoided actually ever talking to me!!

• Biahi
    Biahi

In my mom’s congregation, a sister told her that she heard a family in the congregation didn’t have enough money for food. She gave them $300.00. She expected them to buy groceries. She later found out that they used that money to eat out at a lavish restaurant. 😏

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I have had much the same experience when it comes to money and the WT. I too was able to get power-of-attorney over my late father's property and finances prior to his death, with the exception of a sizable stock investment which I was not able to change the beneficiary designation before he died and had to legally and ethically be split into an even share to WT. The ONLY communication I got from those greedy bastards was a letter from one of their lawyers asking if they were going to get more! Never one word of thanks!

The only way I would ever give them anything in the future was if it were the by-product of a couple pints that had been through my kidneys!

• St George of England
    St George of England

A missionary couple I know have spent the last 50 plus years in Africa. They once told me that if you see a JW family that are starving you never give them money. You can buy them some food but that's all. They told me that if you give give them money the father will use it to buy the best wrist watch he can get his hands on and the family will still be starving.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit