What do Jehovah`s Witnesses beleive that can be linked to Pagan practices , anyone ?

by smiddy3 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

A previous thread has inspired me to post this ,thanks guys .

{ i`ve been out for so long I may have missed something }

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Have a read of The Paganism in Our Christianity by Arthur Weigall, a book quoted by the Watchtower.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Probably anything that doesn't give them money.

There are of course, things linked to 'paganism' that they turn a blind eye to EG Wedding rings and Wedding cakes.

They are a weird cult.....but...........

Follow the money.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This is a good challenge. A part of the challenge is agreeing on the definition of "pagan". I believe that for the question posed the definition should be -

a person who worships many gods or goddesses or the earth or nature : a person whose religion is paganism. 2. old-fashioned + often offensive : a person who is not religious or whose religion is not Christianity, Judaism, or Islam.

In addition it has to be specifically a Watchtower teaching.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The WTS condemns anything with “pagan” origins if it specifically involves just a bit too much association with “worldly” people.

Anything else, I doubt they give a shit about.

• carla
    carla

They believe in using the days of the week, months etc... all come from Paganism

wedding rings

ties (military but still part of "satan's system"

wedding dresses & veils and wedding parties

their reject Jesus memorial

using herbal medicines or alternative health practices - usually came from Paganism (witch doctors, shamanism, etc...)

covering your mouth when you yawn

Nike products (Nike was a Greek Goddess)

Their history with numerology- inches in relation to the pyramids, etc...

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Zeph 1:4-6 - “I will use my power against Judah
    and against those who live in Jerusalem.
    I will remove the faithful few of Baal from this place
    and the names of the pagan priests along with my priests.
    I will remove those who worship all the stars in the sky on their rooftops
    and…

those who worship by swearing loyalty to the Lord
    while also swearing loyalty to the god Milcom

Wt. 2022/11 p. 20 “When we face adversities, our loyalty to Jehovah and his organization can be tested.”

Wt 2001/10/1 p. 22 – “Loyalty to God also includes loyalty to his organization.”

Milcom – the fire god, Molech, who accepted human (especially young children, babies) sacrifices

Wt 2018/3 p. 12 – “May you parents experience the joy and satisfaction that result from seeing your children become dedicated, baptized servants of Jehovah.”

There's more to this dedication...

Wt 2017/4 p.5-7 - “Have you dedicated your life to Jehovah and symbolized your dedication by water baptism? If so, that is wonderful! Recall that on your baptism day, before eyewitnesses, you were asked whether you had dedicated yourself to Jehovah and understood that “your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization.”

Yes, the joy to be had when one’s child dedicates their life to whom we as parents believed was the Almighty God and Jesus Christ. Little did we realize that by anyone breaking their loyalty to men and their man-made organization, it would be considered a transgression of loyalty against God. (Isa 46:5)

The organization was created on falsehood, and falsehood is deception. There is an organization depicted in the book of Revelation that is described as a Beast. It requires the mark of dedication, and its false prophet that directs it, breathes a “spirit”, gives it life; and anyone who betrays the “mark” they receive, their loyalty and dedication to it, are spiritually “killed” – disfellowshipped. (John 16:2)

Also, this Beast “makes war” with the anointed. Think of Ray Franz and what he went through at the hands of the organization. How many others who dared to listen to him were taken down also?

I hope that this sheds light on the most blatant, yet different form of idolatry/paganism that JWs are committing - their loyalty to an organization, a publishing/real-estate company disguised as an upright religion, simply because it has in its possession since the beginning, genuine anointed ones. It's a trap, well-lined with the possibility of gaining riches and power; (Luke 4:6) and blasphemous ruling authority over the anointed remnant. Dan 7:19; 8:24;11:38; Matt 24:24,25; Acts 20:29-30; Col 2:8; 1 Tim 4:1;Rom 1:25; Rev 13:1-2,4,7-8,10, 11-12,15-17; 19:20; Jer 23:29

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

So I am thinking the Egyptians were pagan...they built their pyramids and placed in items for the afterlife, if I recall what little I know about them-definitely not a teaching I have ever read in the Bible. BUT Russel, father of WT, based some of his teaching on pyramidology...so the WTBTS started out with pagan origins if you want to really sort it out, IMO. That is why we aren't to read the old publications...then we would know and common sense would help us see through the smoke screens.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Carla...they did briefly have their own calendar. I had one many years ago. I had a huge bonfire before I learned how much that crap sells for.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Every aspect of civilization began as "pagan". Every thing from the wheel and fire to the cultivars we all eat. All things had religious significance to someone.

Every religious concept was held by someone somewhere prior to Christianity.

The opening question is meaningless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit