Introductions

by Lobsto 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Lobsto, welcome! You write very well and are obviously very intelligent.

Education and financial independence are the way forward especially if your parents reject your wishes for a new life. You have to eat and live somewhere so take it slow!

• Listener
    Listener

Welcome to this forum. I look forward to your contributions.

• Lobsto
    Lobsto

Thank you all for the welcome! I’ll be posting more as time goes on. It’s a pleasure to meet everyone

• Lobsto
    Lobsto

And you’re right stillin. I should focus on my education more and I think I need to shift my priorities around once this school year starts. I just feel like this is my last chance to convince my parents before I go off to college

• blondie
    blondie

Welcome, Lobsto. The diversity here among the posters is wide-ranging, as you have seen. Not too many underage posters though. But many of us were all young once with jw parents.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Stay strong mentally and know that YOU ARE RIGHT.

Your parents reaction was more or less a programmed response after repeated exposure to false JW teachings.

“look at what Satan’s done to you.”

Even if what you said is true, they will always side with what their mind knows to be the ONLY truth. It's just the way the mind works and JW leaders know this. Don't take it personal but your parents can't see anything right now.

I congratulate you for standing up for truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit