Curiosity killed the cat.

by James Mixon 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Don't you think with all the talk about Apostate sites, this is having a reverse

effect for the RF. If I was a JW today I would wonder what are all the lies these people are saying.

And I would try defending their truth on these sites, but in each case those that come here

agree what is said. I have yet to see a JW come here and set matters straight.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Yes, something like Jehovah saying: "Don't eat the fruit of that tree!!! Have this one and that one, but NOT THAT ONE!! Look at this pretty one and that delicious one, but stay away from that one! That one is very special and important, so whatever you do, stay away from it. Don't even think about it. Okay? Now, what did I just say? Rmember these words. Stay away from the fruit of that tree. It is very very vital that you do that. See it over there? Do you know which one I'm talking about? Yes, that one which looks so incredible and enticing. That's the one which will open your eyes. But stay away from it!!"

• WatchtowerReviewz
    WatchtowerReviewz

I was pretty loose when it came to checking out apostate stuff back when I was in. I mostly restricted it to youtube comments and videos though. As liberal as I was with that I don't think I would ever have gone out of my way to look for actual "apostate sites." That was too hardcore even for me.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

In a way, the negativity towards apostates helped me to wake up. For a time the indoctrination had me questioning my own motives for doubting, but as things remained unresolved I eventually started to wonder if it were possible that not all apostates were simply looking for their own followers or just couldn't live up to god's standards and left, bitter. When I realized that I had never once actually heard of an example of someone leaving and trying to "draw off followers after themselves" I realized that they might not all fit so neatly into little boxes. Since there's no way to explore doubts in the cult without retribution (unless you're willing to accept the all too common excuses that don't stand up to even passing scrutiny, which I no longer was) I set out in search of information online. Since everything online is apostate (well, I wasn't about to jump through the ridiculous hoops to register on jwtalk) here I am.

Obviously there's always a lot more in play than just one factor, but I think the constant reinforcement that there are people who have left and disagree with the WT will make some wonder if maybe they'd fit in better with that group. The apostaphobia might be effective on those who are fully in and have no doubts or problems with the cult, but I think it can serve to push out those who are only hanging on by a thread.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Many years ago, pre-Internet, I used to wonder what all the "apostate lies" were that they warned us about.

I used to think "Well, we have the truth, so lies can easily be defeated, what's to fear ?"

I am sure that had the Internet been there at that point in my life, I would have investigated. Later I lost interest in pursuing the matter, until, one day, I looked up 1914 on-line, say no more.

I am sure you are right, all their screaming panic about "Apostate" sites and info. is more likely to make people have a look than if they just shut the f**k up.

Good, it only takes a click or two to start finding out The Truth about the "truth".

It is amazing though how effective the fear of Apostates hes been drilled deep into the psyche of JW's.

My early thought, all those years ago, is still valid, if they have the truth, what's to fear ?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

To bad they can't count time preaching to Apostates, they would

have a hell of a lot of hours for the month.LOL

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    of course always has done, anything that is banned , outlawed treated as taboo only makes the curiosity to look into it even more likely, that's why they have so many "double lifers" and the fear of being found out makes them even better equipped to hide it, another example of why so many are waking up, the GB members constant attempts to to label every single dissenting issue and "apostate lies" makes them look more and more foolish.
  • sparky1
    sparky1

CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT

They say, curiosity killed the cat.

But frankly speaking, aren't we all

guilty of that? We all have questions,

we'd like to have answers to, but

cannot find. It may not be to our

advantage, but no stone will be left

unturned, or left behind. If you're

looking for the proper answers, don't

veer off course. Just be certain it's

coming from the right source. Most

importantly, make sure what you're

being told, is true. Then beyond a

doubt, you're going to find out and

all your wondering days, will be

through! - A Poem by Audrey Heller

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I would click on the apostate web sites and didn't care. That's what woke me up. I wanted the truth no matter what the cost. That's what made me study with the Witnesses in the beginning and that's what made me wake up in the end.
  • ctrwtf
    ctrwtf
    Curiosity killed the cat......Satisfaction brought him back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit