Why Jehovah`s Witnesses are wrong emphasising the name Jehovah.

by smiddy3 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Hi friends, feel free to correct me where I`m wrong with this post.After all it`s just my observation of JW`s and the Bible.

In the beginning of Gods dealings with Adam it was on a personal level , God to man so to speak.

God then dealt with humans via the patriarchs , then with the Levi priesthood ,then Judges ,( and a woman was a judge ) then Kings ,somewhere in between all of this prophets played a major part ,and then came Jesus Christ the Messiah.

And to my knowledge God has not validated a successor to him with any evidence I`ve seen .

Jehovah`s Witnesses claim to be Christians but have with no New Testament backing usurped Jesus with Jehovah.

This period of time ,until God says otherwise ,Christians are to give honour and glory to none other than Jesus Christ .

That is the name that is above any other name until God says otherwise. Phil.2:9-11

Not the name Jehovah .The Bible never says anything about a Kingdom of Jehovah ,the coming Kingdom is the Kingdom of Jesus Christ with his associate 144,000 earthly subjects.

This is just my understanding of what the Bible actually says .

Whether I believe it or not is another matter.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Oh yes all authority on heaven and earth is given to Jesus, and Jesus is appointed heir of all things Matthew 28:18, Hebrews 1:2

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Furthermore, there is no salvation, in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved...........

The reference in front of other name as captured in the NWT Bible 2013 in the book of Acts 4:12 has phillipians 2:9,10.

The organization loves manipulation and merry-go-round things. Whenever they approach from here on, I tend to throw a pointed question at them using Acts 4:12 or Phillipians 2:9,10.

According to the two scriptures above, to be saved, do I have to call upon Jehovah?

Do I have to be a Jehovah’s Witness to call on Jesus?

Should they say yes, which I believe they won't. I ask further. Do JWs call on Jesus to be saved?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You are right about not giving the name Jehovah pre-eminence, the first century Christians in all probability did not utter the name, though some will argue about that, and maintain it was written in the N.T, though no manuscript evidence for that exists. The latter point showing to me that the pre-eminence was given to the name of Jesus.

I have noticed a slight lessening of the use of "Jehovah" in print by the Org, or am I imagining that ? But if that is so, it is purely for marketing purposes, as shoving the name into the Public domain does not go down well. The Logo itself, JW Org, does not make it so prominent does it ?

JW Org has always tried to shove Jesus in to the background, especially noticeable in their Meetings, where mention of him is somewhat rare., in comparison to "Jehovah this " and " Jehovah that " and multiple uses of the name in Prayers with Jesus getting a cursory nod at the end.

• waton
    waton

If Jesus is their leader, as jws sang this week, why do they not follow his lead? He, who is on record to have never addressed his father with that name. Case in point: His last words while dying: "Father, why--" "Eli, Eli, --"

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what was jesus' real name ?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

As brought out many times there's about a dozen scriptures that say Christians bore/ were to bare witness about the the Christ not jehovah

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Phil 2:5-11 really tells the story that the JWs miss; Jehovah humbled himself as man

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

According to strongs concordance hova means mischief, destruction. So they worship the god of mischief! Loki?? 😂

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jesus is an errand boy for the GB now.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit