Do the GB want the JW religion to fail?

by Grey Goose 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Grey Goose
    Grey Goose

Basically what the thread title says.

Do you guys think the GB want the JW religion to fail? Of course failing in the ultimate sense is just not going to happen. No matter how bankrupt they went, there is always going to be a percentage that holds on.

But downsizing the membership? That's where i think the GB could be heading.

How they could do it is another matter entirely. With all the crazy shit that has gone down in the last 2 years you would have thought there would have been a drop in membership. But no, it's still slowly creeping up.

In order for them to seriously downsize, and be in for a big pay day from sold off KHs, they got to drop a massive bombshell soon. Maybe 1914 changing? Maybe a new end date? What else could they possibly change that hasn't been changed already?

Your thoughts?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Maybe Trump could help them out.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Of course not , not at least while they are reaping the privileges such as traveling around the world and getting their asses kissed like praised celebrities.

The WTS is also their retirement living source for these men $$$ .

Therefore Jehovah and the Watchtower Corporation remains.

Praise Jah

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

What they need is a new battle cry like ....".MILLIONS LIVING NOW WILL NEVER DIE"

Now that;s a tag line that produces results

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Or how about "Why are you looking forward to 2033?"

Some serious bible students are looking forward to 2033, Why? Because it is very obviously 2000 years after the death of Jesus. This works perfectly with Gods own timeline....yadda yadda yadda

• Mephis
    Mephis

Think it's more the byproduct of delusion than a cunning plan. They currently seem to be in the process of trying to redo Rutherford's big ideas on how to apply bible prophesy. I wonder how many still inside and believing would even be aware of what the changes mean beyond 'new light' and swallowing everything whole. My money is on them declaring Armageddon as having started in some way. Book of Revelation is due a reinterpretation from all the Rutherford-era events.

"And the first trumpet was obviously the historic opening of JW.org website. And the second trumpet was the history making first television broadcast on it."

That kind of babbling buffoonery to keep everyone involved with thinking the end is even nigh-er than before again.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
    -Hanon's Razor

While the GB are breathtakingly arrogant I none the less believe it's a sincere form of arrogance. And I think it's a mistake to say they're just in it for the money or don't actually believe Jesus is going to come flying out of the sky riding a white horse any day now.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    agree with Mephis , whatever model or mode they find themselves in would have been from delusion and complete incompetence, since when have they done anything that smacked of logic and common sense? their business model stayed almost unchanged from Knorr's presidency in 1942 to a couple of years back when jwdotorg was formed over 70 years ago, it will cough splutter and plod along for a good few years still.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think the 7 rock star watchtower paedophile protecting popes are such self serving, narciss...narci.....narcisi.....er..big heads, that they probably think they're doing the very thing that will keep the good (yuk), ship watchtower(tm) afloat longest.

Thank goodness that they think that way. The ship is sinking and they will blame everyone else apart from themselves.

I'm sure the brown nosers stroke the egos of the popes and the popes believe in themselves with a smug confidence akin to a serial killer. When they're surrounded by'yes men' then their egos will destroy them (hopefully).

They need a merger, perhaps with some other whacko cult to keep going.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    We think they want a smaller/loyal group of people. We believe they want all the "fence sitters" gone. We were fence sitters and we are long gone. They want the most loyal of subjects. No troublemakers allowed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit