New Textbook For Elders

by Lost in the fog 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I have to say that I found item 3 on the above page raised questions in my mind. If an elder is deleted presumably for wrongdoing the hard copy text book is taken off him and destroyed. But who ensures that any electronic copies of the book in his possession are deleted? Will the BoE demand all of his USB sticks and tablets to ensure he hasn't kept a copy, or do they think they have a right to take these off him? Really makes me wonder how they intend ensuring that electronic copies are deleted.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I see your point, I mean they can't and don't check into whether the guy actually deletes the pdfs or not. But I think unless the guy intends to leave already, and that's why he stepped down or got kicked off the Body of Elders he'll just follow these instructions because the faithful slave knows best of course, gotta listen obey and be blessed, etc.

• asp59
    asp59
    Elders Book is just a thing so some in congregacion can feel important. Where in bible is elder Book mention? Rules rules rules
  • jp1692
    jp1692

I’m keeping my digital copy. The GB can go pound sand for all I care.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I got my digital copy before the Edubs got their "official copy".

Thanks Atlantis!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And what if the Elder refuses to hand over his copy for whatever reason ? maybe because he has seen TTATT ?

What are they going to do about it ?

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Somebody's gonna get a 'shepherding call'...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The reason they want his hard copy destroyed is that over time Elders write notes in them when they have courses etc for Elders.

These Hard Copies with Notes in the past have found there way on to the Internet, and proved an embarrassment to the G.B, as what is told to Elders on such occasions often goes beyond the carefully worded Manuel, and exposes the Org. even more for what it is, a High Control Mind Control Cult.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Destroying the soft copies is a bit late anyway, don't they know it's already out there? I have a copy and I was never an elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit