You can [not] trust the Brothers, wt study this week

by waton 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WATON:

You sound like you are an active Witness. I got out ages ago.

Events of the Old Testament were over two thousand years ago that we can’t do anything about now.

I do agree that people like David got away with murder. I always wondered why the JW religion held him in such high regard, hmmm.😉

But, getting back to the here and now, what I mentioned is what’s happening in the damn religion in RECENT times. That’s mostly why I got the hell out of there. Not because of David or what others in the Old Testament did or did not do.

I almost hate the bible now.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

I think current GB, are gonna put blame on everything wrong in org, on Rutherford and Knorr. Oh we didn't make the rules org is under, we are victims and felt under bad advice. It's former watchtower leaders that are to blame. They made the two witnesses rules. I bet things are heading that way.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HELLOTHERE:

I guess time will tell what happens with the JWs. I’m Glad I got out ages ago.

I would never get involved with any religion or movement ever again. You don’t need religion to be spiritual.

• waton
    waton
    But, getting back to the here and now, what I mentioned is what’s happening in the damn religion in RECENT times.

Long Hair Girl, In my active 65 years I have never seen a congregation that you describe, where the needy are looking for handouts. or the congr. offer it. Here, In recent times, the local wealthy benefactors have taken care of the decommissioned District- and retired Circuit Overseers that had to re-locate,

Local financial predators, including wtb&ts. inc, mainly target the naive and old retirees, selling them resurrection certainty.

Article 37 dealt with the ancient examples of abuse by the elite and the good putting up with it. and as I said twice: The family has actually experienced these sexual crimes happen from/among the wt "appointed servants".

wt wants that to happen without demurring in your here and now and their future (if any).

P.S. for my age I am very active.

• waton
    waton
    The family has actually experienced these sexual crimes happen from/among the wt "appointed servants".

I want to correct that claim by amending it to mean the more general context of the biblical moral code.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WATON:

Good you are active for your age. I am many years out with a few single women JW friends I occasionally keep in touch with. One gets financial help from non-JW relatives. They imagine they can entice me back. They can’t. I explained to them what I would face with regard to being asked for money and what my response would be.

From what I have heard, the ‘needy’ don’t actively or obviously look for handouts nor would the congregations offer it. They would be discouraged from asking because it’s bad ‘optics’.

Everything is done privately or quietly- unless it’s like the woman who came up to me. Otherwise, elders do it on their behalf. 🙄 When I was ‘in’ elders would privately approach me with an envelope. They don’t DO this in front of other people - and they know WHO to approach.

I would never presume to tell anybody else what to do. But, I’m the one who got criticized for my full-time job, and I would never forget this.. I don’t want anybody with selective memory loss coming near me asking for anything for anybody. Other people can throw their money around like confetti. That’s their business.

It is also good that you mention about local ‘wealthy’ benefactors taking care of retired COs/DOs.. I would certainly never give anything to them after they criticized responsible working people like myself.

As far as local financial predators preying on ‘retirees’ and the ‘naive’, I would be immune to them. It’s just as well I am out many years. My JW friends can hope in vain because I’d never deal with any of this!

• waton
    waton
    hannah wanted to get pregnant, so she went to the temple where Eli and his sons were at service. Not surprisingly, her wish was granted.

as was pointed out to me, Hanna did eventually have a natural son with her husband, who was not selectively infertile. I did not want to besmirch the bible character "Hanna" with her story similar to "Sarah's"

Are the wt writers suggesting, that the friends are to send their wives and daughters, sons into service, projects, the "Houses of God" knowing that, following the "things written beforehand " criminals* are lurking there?

* anybody disfellowshipped, put on "probation", reproof, is convicted of a crime, an offence against "divine" law.

• hoser
    hoser

I’ve seen a few con artist jws in my time. Selling extremely speculative business schemes that usually end in some brothers losing everything.

I’m like LHG and Mrs Hoser is slowly catching on. We don’t owe anyone anything. We’ve worked hard for our money and made many sacrifices to have financial security. These needy ones have done very little to progress financially. My wife told one sister that she needs to manage her money better.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

Yes, and that’s that. It’s good your wife told that irresponsible sister she needs to manage her money better. But, I’m sure the advice went in one ear and out the other.

These people actually believe they are going to be asking everybody for money every step of the way. But, there’s that pesky fact that keeps popping up: they criticized responsible people for working at a decent job. That disqualifies them, in my opinion, for asking for money.

I also don’t want anybody telling me it’s a ‘brotherhood’. Well, they couldn’t have been my brothers and I certainly couldn’t have been their ‘sister’ years ago when I was treated like an outcast because I refused to quit my full time job and take up housecleaning and pioneering.. Luckily, I had friends outside (which they hated).

When I started my ‘Fade’ years later I made sure I rekindled all those friendships!

• waton
    waton

On Trust: a gem from the next article. study #39. paragraph 13.:

You prove yourself untrustworthy, by discussing matters not covered in the bible based publication, or even implying there exist and you have such better knowledge. ha ha.

wt writers really dread , that seminal and original research in doctrinal corrections bubble to the surface, exposing their, an the bible's accumulated record.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit