Strange people you have studied WT and Bible with.

by kaik 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kaik
    kaik

When I look back into era when I conducted bible studies I recall several nice people, but also weird and strange. My last bible study was with couple who were the new capitalists; people who earned a lot of money often by illegal means. I am sure they were dangerous, but I have not perceived that way. The couple eventually helped me to move away from WT cult, and was able to get a job through them in international corporation that was opening office in the capital city. I stayed friends with them for couple years afterwards. I kind feel funny now when I told to them that Armageddon will be arriving shortly. That was more than 20 years ago.

I also conducted study with politically active Nazi sympathizer. His family were right wing extremists where grandpa was a member of Slovak Nazi guard or SS unit during WWII. I felt rather uneasy to deal with self confessed Jew-hater, and I ended the study. The most beneficial study I had was with my Jewish coworker. It started accidentally as I was careful never discuss religion with people I work(ed). Once in the local business trip, we due weather ended in small countryside monastery take cover from the reign. There was a mass, and I and my Jewish coworker stroke conversation on religion. We eventually studied together and he brought me several interesting, antiquated books on OT. Nevertheless, we did not get anything and my elder told me that Jews are cursed and thus condemned to die in Armageddon. Several people in my KH had deep antisemitic convictions as the Nazi guy I studied at the same time and shared their universal dislike toward Jews.

To you, who was the strangest person you ever studied Bible/WT publication with?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    . His family were right wing extremist where grandpa was a member of Slovak Nazi guard or SS unit during WWII.

Dear god Kaik, am I right in thinking you are Czech? Hungarian? Either way it doesn't bare thinking about what Nazi Grandpa got up to during WW2. Not to be upsetting anyone but the local Nazi sympathizers - Hungarian Arrow cross? the French the Ukrainians the Lithuanians were terrible ! were the Czech Nazis the same? Oh my god Liddice! Anyway - the locals always seemed to be so much worse than the Germans...oh so willing to do their dirty work. You were right to run a mile!!!

Getting back to the OP I had one, not weird exactly ... a young- ish girl whose boyfriend came to sit in. He would offer drinks..tea whatever, and say " bob's biscuits" but not once, like 20 times!. Then he would say it a couple more times when the study began listen a while ..say it again and leave ....now I look back he may have had Tourettes syndrome.

Bobs biscuits!!! The funny thing is I can't stop saying it myself now sometimes when I give out biscuits! Its stuck in my head! Instead of me passing him a meme he's given me one!

• kaik
    kaik

I am Czech born. Slovakia was German ally and was independent during WWII from what happened in the Czech lands. Slovakia had own guards Hlinka which was fascist military organization that killed thousands of people in the countryside. Slovakia itself was not occupied by Germany until August 30, 1944 when the government attempted to switch side once Red Army arrived. In occupied Czech territory, there was no Czech SS due personal order from Adolf Hitler. Of course there were Nazi sympathizers and wanted to create their own Saint Wenceslas unit, but they were kicked from Berlin because Hitler insisted that no Czech will ever wear SS uniform. At the end of the WWII he changed mind, but by then, they were not enough people interested to join. These who wanted to be in SS generally joined Slovak or Ukrainian units.

The guy I studied was hard core Nazi as was his entire family. It was weird to sit at family table with bible and WT publication while his grandpa was in armchair with picture of him in his youth in Nazi uniform. I had about four bible visits, but I got spooked out, because the guy I studied with (he was very interested in WT and liked the prospect of mass genocide in Armageddon) was too dangerous. It was just really weird experience, and I really liked Jews; and they were dreaming that they will get rid of them once for good (with the rest of the undesirables). My father served in military and was stationed in Slovakia in the 1950's and 60's, and he told me that some of his senior staff there were former Fascists and one was ex Arrow from Hungarian speaking part of Slovakia (part that was ceded during WWII to Hungary). All of them became a good communists in the 50's under Stalin, but a few were exemplary executed in 1958 once their Nazi past came out at the time my father was stationed there.

What hit me at that time with that family was how close were JW mentally in antisemitism with them. In my hometown there was once thriving Jewish community. Once I was with sister doing field service and we walked by former Jewish ghetto. This sister points to the cemetery and she said not of these MF will get resurrected because they are Jesus-killer and were eternally condemned to death. That moment I wanted to slap her, because in my life, I met many great Jews and I eventually married one.

• No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    Nobody but the JW cult sure attracts the people with the biggest problems and a promise that JAH is gonna fix their problems is appealing.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ha ha what an appropriate thread topic. The only people I started Bible studies with were: a demented older woman and a young man who had a JW girlfriend and wanted to pretend to be interested.

• cha ching
    cha ching
    I met a lot of Bi le Studies "in need", in one way or another....
  • kaik
    kaik

Interesting picture from media. After Slovak election week ago, hard core fascist party will be sitting in parliament in Slovakia. The scariest thing is that one in four people under age 30 voted fascist party. This is fascist rally pic from Slovakia and this dude will be leading one of the largest party there into European parliament.

20something years ago, I studied with guy whose grandpa was dressed in such uniform and saluting with German's SS groups in Slovakia. I just could not studied anymore with such family, and they really liked WT publications.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit