A Little Girl's Coins . . .

by compound complex 17 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

You're welcome, Tallon!

As a music teacher for 50-plus years, I see those little kids in the video who are keeping time to the music and reminisce about my own "kids," now grown up, appreciating and loving music.

Some of them are teachers . . .

• LV101
    LV101

CC -- I didn't know you were a music teacher - thought for sure you must have been an English Professor. I realize you're our resident English instructor.

I played the violin in grammar school and I was 1st Chair in elementary school. Wish I would have stayed with it but it really wasn't my passion -- I only wanted to learn how to play the piano.

Enjoyed the video - thanks for sharing.

• eva luna
    eva luna

that was a true 'ode to joy' coco.

thank you for putting that up.

i love the little girl that climbs the lamp post.

the last moment also, when a father raises his daughter to the heavens.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, LV101 and Eva, for your great comments!

I understand about passion for the arts, the piano in particular. My stage career was submarined, although it's ironic that the majority of performance time was "playing for Jehovah," at assemblies and at KHs. As it stands, I prefer teaching. Whilst a JW, it provided me an income and allowed me to "put the Kingdom first."

Life was so different then . . .

Yes -- so cool about the little kids in the video. Children are, by nature, musical. Wish both of you could see my current little ones during class!

• eva luna
    eva luna

CoCo

your clip lead to another,

as a teacher of music you may enjoy.

It's The Bolero, again, done in Spain.

Many beginning young students, as it should be.

[cant figure how to put it up here]

• zeb
  • redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

What smiddy said...

Silly me.

• freddo
    freddo

I remember when couples who had weddings in the kingdom hall - for a time in the UK in the 1980's and 1990's could choose "suitable music" like passages of Vivaldi's four seasons for their wedding music.

Then of course Teddy J. and his crew put a stop to that and since then it has been only "Kingdumb MAL-adies" allowed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit