Why do JWs love bomb?

by Smiles 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smiles
    Smiles

πŸ’£

We know what mentally-in JWs believe they are doing when they "love one another"... and many of us here formerly participated in that culty love bombing behavior.

Why?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Have you ever watched a McDonalds commercial? The burgers are emaculate works of art. Needless to say, that's not the product distributed at the their establishments. If you had been shown the final product in the beginning, you likely would have steered clear.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

old school

• Hopeless1
    Hopeless1

It’s because love-bombing makes them feel good about themselves, also because they perceive it to be a good advert about themselves, as M.M.M says like the McDonalds adverts.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

As MeanMrMustard said.

I know an interested person currently being love bombed. He cannot perceive what we know because he thinks they are 'like that'.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Empty promises.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It`s to gain brownie points with the big J and the little j as well as sucking up to the Elders as to what a good witness you are.

.A.M.If I knew someone who was mildly interested in the JW cult I would do all in my power to dissuade them from having anything to do with them.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    smidster - A.M.If I knew someone who was mildly interested in the JW cult I would do all in my power to dissuade them from having anything to do with them

Yes...and MacDonalds too. It's crap.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Smiddy I have.

He sees SO clearly through the vaccine scam. But he is perplexed by WT.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

First impressions/best foot forward. No one in the congregation wants to give a visitor the impression that they are anything but united and loving and a dignified representation of Jehovah's people. Otherwise, God might feel that you let him down.

Once they're in, you can relax a bit, but you still tell yourself that you have not changed your behavior. That would be dishonest, and God wouldn't want that! And once they're in, the new members subconsciously follow everyone else's lead, so they are ready when the next visitor arrives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit