Abel's religion would have been like the Memorial -- Cain's?

by prologos 2 Replies latest social humour

• prologos
    prologos

So, The general JW population is forbidden to take the emblems at Memorial time, the center ceremony of the wt religion. By comparison, how would Abel's start-up worked out? well., the meat offered was forbidden to be eaten too. So, as an "Abel" communion event, all participants would have passed the meat plate around without anybody eating as "god" had stipulated, by exclusion. just passing the plate along, sounds familiar? By contrast

the Cain religion would have been hugely popular, Veggies, legumes, nuts, barbecued, with Promethean fire perhaps borrowed from the Abel heavenly meat "consumption", served to all, celebrating the success in overcoming the cursing of the ground, and the ensuing fertility all around. Besides you can not have meat turn into wine by fermentation, wheres Cain's grapes would oblige and be shared, not shunned. better thoughts?

• smiddy
    smiddy

I always thought Cain`s offering was more acceptable than Abel`s .

Killing one of Jehovah`s creations ? as an animal sacrifice ? That can`t be right can it ?

Presenting the first fruits of the Harvest , surely that would please Jehovah , yes ? Obviously no .

And according to J.W.`s humans were not authorized to eat animals ` till after the flood ., so what a waste of life.

And who said no forgiveness takes place unless blood is spilled ,Heb.9:22

Oh that`s right it`s the blood thirsty God of the Bible.

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos
    smiddy: "--Killing one of Jehovah`s creations ? as an animal sacrifice ?--" I never thought the bible said that. Since humans could not eat the meat, innards, what would be the point of killing sheep (so the story goes) they probably were kept for the wool , and to harvest the parts for implements. (jaw bones as Samsonite clubs) I always pictured the sheep/ goats cows to be just carrion. my point was, there would have been no partakers in any ritual that had Abel's offering as an origin, -- before the flood. thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit