Ending Of Suffering/Enlightenment/Nirvana Mind States Discussion

by Brokeback Watchtower 12 Replies latest social current

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I put this under News and World Events. because I didn't know where else to put it.

Anybody interested in this subject feel free to comment a sorta satsang if you will.

Do you think it is possible for one to achieve a mind state free from fear and all other negative emotional states and reach a higher plane of mental processes in encumbering the brain of processing negative emotions.

I think insight can be gained by looking at this subject psychologically and if their is a way to this nirvana state take it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana

http://www.lakehouse.lk/mihintalava/buddhism10.htm

The concept of Nirvana was originally explained by the Lord Buddha (566-486 BC). His Lordship reached Enlightenment, at the age of 35, awakening to the true nature of reality, which is Nirvana (Absolute Truth). The word Nirvana comes from the root meaning 'to blow out' and refers to the extinguishing of the fires of greed, hatred and delusion.
    When these emotional and psychological defilements are destroyed by wisdom, the mind becomes free, radiant and joyful and at death one is no longer subject to rebirth. Nirvana is the ultimate happiness.
    The Buddha describes the abiding in nirvana as a state of 'deathlessness' and as the highest spiritual attainment, the reward for one who lives a life of virtuous conduct. Nibbana is meant specifically as pertains gnosis that which ends the identity of the mind with empirical phenomena.
    Nirvana can only be explained to the 'unenlightened' by negation. Thus the Buddha tries to explain this deep concept to one of his disciples. He asks whether the fire, when it is extinguished, can be said to have gone north, south, east, or west. Nirvana, however, cannot be described as existing, not existing, both existing and not, or neither existing nor not.

Can your mind be rewired so that you don't suffer and have much better cognitive abilities? What say you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77bzAGeVrq8&t=2639s

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Neuroplasticity plays a major part. The brain changes or rewires itself, neuron want to fire and they get healthier from firing and so change will occur in that direction when a person is born without sight or hearing as the cells that are normally use for the missing sense find a way to get some action(electrically speaking and stay healthy).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroplasticity

Neuroplasticity, also known as brain plasticity or neural plasticity, is an umbrella term that describes lasting change to the brain throughout an individual's life course. The term gained prominence in the latter half of the 20th century, when new research[1][2] showed that many aspects of the brain can be altered (or are "plastic") even into adulthood.[3] This notion is in contrast with the previous scientific consensus that the brain develops during a critical period in early childhood and then remains relatively unchanged (or "static").[4]
    Neuroplasticity can be observed at multiple scales, from microscopic changes in individual neurons to larger-scale changes such as cortical remapping in response to injury. However, cortical remapping is more extensive early in development.[5] Behavior, environmental stimuli, thought, and emotions may also cause neuroplastic change through activity-dependent plasticity, which has significant implications for healthy development, learning, memory, and recovery from brain damage.[5][6][7]
    At the single cell level, synaptic plasticity refers to changes in the connections between neurons, whereas non-synaptic plasticity refers to changes in their intrinsic excitability.
  • Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

Yes, I believe it can. There is Evidence of Tibetan monks actually achieving a rainbow body, interestingly similar to the transfiguration of Jesus biblical account. It takes self discipline I could never completely practice driving in LOs Angeles. They must have only loving thoughts for at least 13 years straight or something like that. It's possible. Probable?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think the rewiring happens primarily in the amygdala. Navy Seals have to pass a very hard test underwater that sheds some light on the process in my opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala

The amygdala (plural: amygdalae; /əˈmɪɡdələ/; also corpus amygdaloideum; Latin, from Greek ἀμυγδαλή, amygdalē, 'almond', 'tonsil'[1]) is one of two almond-shaped groups of nuclei located deep and medially within the temporal lobes of the brain in complex vertebrates, including humans.[2] Shown in research to perform a primary role in the processing of memory, decision-making, and emotional reactions, .....
    Hemispheric specializations[edit]
    There are functional differences between the right and left amygdala. In one study, electrical stimulations of the right amygdala induced negative emotions, especially fear and sadness. In contrast, stimulation of the left amygdala was able to induce either pleasant (happiness) or unpleasant (fear, anxiety, sadness) emotions.[9] Other evidence suggests that the left amygdala plays a role in the brain's reward system.[10]
    Each side holds a specific function in how we perceive and process emotion. The right and left portions of the amygdala have independent memory systems, but work together to store, encode, and interpret emotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju4FojRkEKU&t=16s

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    There is Evidence of Tibetan monks actually achieving a rainbow body

I don't know about this or what it means. I don't doubt it just never came across the term before.

I want to find a faster way then the ancient ways of lots and lots of meditation which is very good for many reasons as it good for the brain. I'm thinking perhaps certain serotonin like molecules might offer some hope, given by an experienced guide or shaman I'm thinking could lead to some rewiring of our neural networking and do the trick.

Anyway I think it is a worthy subject to do some good internet searches on, I'm sure any break through would make their way to the net.

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

One has to ask how much of this is practiced using psychedelic drugs ? People have been using drugs for thousands of years and I can only imagine how much spiritual ideas and writings as well as practices are related to or come from the use of drugs?

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    One has to ask how much of this is practiced using psychedelic drugs ?

Alter states of consciousness through meditation, psychedelic, all have played a part. Plato's ideas about reality no doubt were from drinking the soma.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleusinian_Mysteries

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit