What is Greg Stafford up to these days?

by slimboyfat 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You may have been wondering: what is Greg Stafford up to these days? Lots of interesting things, is the answer. Exposing the false Trinity doctrine, of course, but keeping on top of other issues too. See this video where he argues that the much talked about Gobekli Tepe site in Turkey is not 10,000 years old, as archaeologists have claimed, but was in fact the site where Noah kept the animals that were saved in the ark. Very interesting!

https://youtu.be/JOVOmYuDGAw

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

He used to be a bit rational sounding, if a bit up his own arse, but it seems he has finally lost the plot.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Wow, just wow

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

Greg Stafford is definitely one of the most competent, refined and sublime minds

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Sad

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    Worse than sad. It's delusional. He clearly has not read anything on the site. The series of some 20 temple circles are filled with anthropomorphic idols/steles. They are humans wearing loin cloths/flaps. At least one is giving birth. The largest circle has steles that weight at least 8 tons. So he is now supposing an old vine dresser and his sons spent hundreds of years creating these temples to house his animal collection? on the side while making the ark?
  • Blotty
    Blotty

I agree with him on some stuff not so much on others, hey we don't all agree all of the time - He has done well for himself and I respect his work

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

Looney toons show.

My how the mighty debater has fallen!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Imagine the sheer number of unproven layers and assumptions you must have to finally come to that conclusion.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The basic assumption seems to be that the Bible gives an accurate history of the past, including a reliable chronology. From that assumption springs the idea that the 10,000 years date must be wrong. The fact that the site is near where some think Mount Ararat was located, and that the site includes many depictions of animals is too good a set of circumstances for someone who is already inclined to take the Bible account seriously to miss making a connection. If the Bible is correct that Noah existed and saved animals on an ark then the next thing is to say that he could also have built the Göbelki Tepe site. I think Watchtower has at times suggested that Noah could have employed workers to help him and his family build the ark. Perhaps Stafford is reasoning that, if Noah could hire help for the ark, then he could have hired help to build Göbekli Tepe too. What I am not sure about, and maybe I just missed it in the video, is what function does Stafford think this site performed, and why wasn’t it mentioned in the Bible? Was it a kind of holding bay for the animals before they went on the ark? Why was that necessary?

There is another JW apologist who has attempted to link Noah’s flood with the ‘younger dryas cataclysm’ that has piqued the interest of some in recent years. I forget his name or the name lf his book right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit