Scottish Queen of Woke Resigns

by cofty 11 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

First New Zealand's dictator resigned and now Nicola Sturgeon the First Minister of Scotland has announced her intention to go.

Nobody is certain exactly what the trigger was but there are plenty of possibilities. The final straw may have been her 'gender recognition' act that would have made it possible for anybody 16 and over to legally change their sex on a whim. The vast majority of Scots were opposed but she battered the legislation through Holyrood regardless. Amendments were proposed that would have prevented rapists from taking advantage of the new law to gain access to female prisons. She arrogantly rejected the advice. Then Westminster overruled Holyrood causing much consternation and threats of legal battles because it's very important for rapists to be allowed to share cells with women in Scotland.

Then, with perfect timing ideology met reality when an actual trans rapist turned up. Faced with huge opposition Sturgeon had to back down and got herself in a complete muddle over whether or not the rapist complete with penis was a woman or a man (she invented a third gender - rapist) and if a trans 'woman' is a woman as she had insisted why could 'she' be sent to a men's prison.

Perhaps her sudden decision has something to do with a police investigation into missing millions. Maybe the chief Constable has given her a heads-up that the investigation isn't looking good for her.

By every measure Scotland is worse off for her time in office. Life expectancy, education, health services, drug abuse, alcoholism & poverty. Even more concerning is the draconian laws that she has presided over that destroys free speech in Scotland and makes it possible to be imprisoned for saying offensive things in the privacy of your own home.

Her authoritarian tendencies were especially evident during the pandemic. The convoluted laws that emanated from her - were bewildering.

So two woke dictators down. Who is next? Canada?

• Simon
    Simon

Good riddance to evil bitches.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ooh, naughty, Simon! 😀

Seems to me that woke is the twenty-first century’s new religion.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Seems to me that woke is the twenty-first century’s new religion.

This.

I find myself in repeated arguments with various family members. The fundamental problem that always blocks rational discussion is the fact that the "Wokes" treat this stuff like received wisdom. About three years ago we had an argument about trans people going to the prison for their chosen gender and the other inmates would "just have to learn to respect other people's boundaries."

At which point I brought the conversation to an end by pointing out that if they could do that they should just teach people to not be criminals.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

"Good riddance to evil bitches."

Lets hope Woke Queen Trudeau is next.

RB.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

It would seem the term “dictator” has become a political swearword rather than an accurate description of anything much at all.

• cofty
    cofty

I think the term is fitting if a little hyperbolic.

She actually made it law that you could go to prison for saying the wrong thing in your own home.

Her petty COVID rules and regulations were so convoluted that her spokesman regularly got tied in knots trying to answer questions about who could and couldn't find visit a dying grandparent.

Her ambition was to be supreme ruler of a dominant and totally compliant SNP party in an independent country.

In retrospect she was an abject failure.

There is an authoritarian tendency in modern politics that must be constantly exposed and resisted. The leaders do NOT know what is best for us as recent events have shown.

• Freemail
    Freemail

Good riddance to the Krankie wanker.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Nicola Sturgeon is a political failure.

She failed on her pledge to improve education - education in Scotland has gotten worse on her watch.

There is also a serious amount of people on hard drugs. She has failed to tackle this properly.

She also failed to get independence for Scotland. A clear majority of Scots chose to stay in the UK in 2014. Sturgeon could never accept this result, and planned another referendum. She was even given good conditions for a yes-vote because the majority of Scots voted to remain in the EU in 2016 - perfect for her grievance politics of victimhood. But she has failed in this, her core cause. Independence from the UK is further away now than at any time in the last ten years.

Life's good, sometimes

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I’ve always had the impression that Scots didn’t take any shit. That’s probably from watching too many movies, like The Highlander…

I was shocked to learn how many Draconian abuses took place during the Pandemic scare. Don’t Scottish people have guns? That shit won’t fly here in the US which is why our Government desperately wants to disarm us.

New Zealand, yeah… I can see those Watiti Worshippers folding, but I didn’t expect that from the Scots. I suppose the “No True Scotsman” fallacy could be asserted by some..

DD 😂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit