Jehovah`s Witnesses / Parasites On Christendom ,they need to thank them for the membership they have today.

by smiddy3 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    So I stand by my statement that if it wasn`t for Christendom Jehovah`s Witnesses would not have anywhere near the membership they have today and that they are parasites on Christendoms religions,

I agree. Great line of reasoning.

• pometerre21
    pometerre21

Oh. My. Goodness. I have been thinking about this exact same thing for some time now.

If you visit the Bible Archives at WT HQ, you can clearly see how the Bible has been passed through what they consider to be false religious hands. For them to berate Christendom the way they do, it's wonder they even value the Bible at all, since it was fully out of Christendom that we have the Bible that we do today. I even brought up the point that the Catholics gave us the Bible we have today to a PIMI relative and they just dismissed it saying, "Nevertheless, it's still god's word." The way they reconcile all this in their minds is incredible mental gymnastics.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    Drearyweather

The canon of the Hebrew scriptures was fixed even before Jesus' was born. and the New Testament books were finalized by 180 CE (the Muratorian Fragment),. So the JW's believe that the canon was determined much before the Councils of the third century Roman Catholic Church.

The Watchtower /Jehovah`s Witnesses believe and teach that the Apostasy began by the time the last Apostle died around 100 AD

So I stand by my statement that Jehovah`s Witnesses accept the word of Apostates who determined what books are to be accepted in the Christian Greek Scriptures NT as the inspired word of God.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    The Watchtower /Jehovah`s Witnesses believe and teach that the Apostasy began by the time the last Apostle died around 100 AD

To clarify, JW's believe:

1. That apostasy had started even before the apostles died and it increased after 100 AD

2. All books of the new testament were written before 100 AD, or before the great apostasy. No writer was an apostate.

3. St. Clement of Rome, who died in 99 AD, was already quoting from the gospels and the Pauline letters (95 quotes from the 10 of 27 books)

4. Early writers from the first century, Polycarp, Ignatius have quoted from the new testament books, which show that they were already accepted as canonical by Christians in the first century.

Jehovah`s Witnesses accept the word of Apostates who determined what books are to be accepted in the Christian Greek Scriptures NT

In fact, it was the other way round. It was the 'apostates' who questioned the canonicity of certain books of the NT like Hebrews, 2 Peter, James, 2 & 3 John etc throughout the second and the third century whereas these books were already being used by Christians in the first and second century. Questions regarding which books of the Bible should be included in the canon were not fully settled till 16th Century and later (Council of Trent).

Regarding this, a comment was made by NT scholar Lee Martin McDonald: "Although a number of Christians have thought that church councils determined what books were to be included in the biblical canons, a more accurate reflection of the matter is that the councils recognized or acknowledged those books that had already obtained prominence from usage among the various early Christian communities."

As it says, the apostates simply acknowledged the canon which was used by Christians in the first century. In many cases, they questioned some of these authentic books down to the 15th Century.

If JW's accepted the apostates word, then they wouldn't have removed the Apocrypha and the spurious texts from the NT. Neither would they have added the name Jehovah to the NT.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've come to think of the WTS as similar to organisms in Australia, whose ancestors from millions of years ago had much more in common with their mainland relatives, but ended up evolving differently due to the Australian continent's isolation.

The Org has isolated itself from other present-day forms of Christianity (despite the common ancestry), and has subsequently evolved in some very peculiar ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit