Tornado Alley

by Sentinel 7 Replies latest social current

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Has anyone been affected directly by the recent tornados in the middle states of the US? These were the worse storms in our century, so I've heard. So much destruction and loss of life.

Just hope that all our friends are safe and have been fortunate enough not to have lost their homes, etc.

Does anyone have any first hand information?

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Sentinal,

How nice of you to ask. This may help if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/51422/1.ashx

j2bf

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Joy, thanks sweetie for clueing me in. I checked out the thread and posted there. So, glad you are okay.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Another storm front is rolling through as we speak

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Actually, we are on an alert here for storms with hail, two inches in diameter, winds gusting to 70mph, and severe lightening. I suppose all those storms the mid-west had are here now. There is a warning also, that Tornados come from severe storms like this. We had a severe one here back in the 70's. I didn't live here then, but my husband said it did a lot of damage on a couple streets, and didn't touch anything else. Usually, because of the mountains, we end up somewhat protected.

The warning is through until six this evening. Sure hope we all miss getting the damage. It has been storming here already, with torrential rains. Right now, it's very dark in a part of the sky, but the sun is shining on the other. Strange.

• Robdar
    Robdar

My sister in Alabama suffered much storm damage. The floods tore away part her carport and deck. There may be damage to the house's structure too. The floods almost swept the dog away. The managed to save him though. I am glad about that because Baxter is a good dog. I am glad that my family is safe. I called Kelsey007 and he is well.

Since I no longer have cable, I was unaware of what was going on in the south until my sister called me.

I pray that all our friends from this forum are well.

Love,

Robyn

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

We have had the rain in middle TN! Cutting the grass every three days is standard- if you can get it in between the rain. High winds, trees down and south of Franklin, TN got hit with straight line winds heavy that damaged roofs and brought hundreds of trees down. OF course Jackson TN got the worst a few weeks ago. Just sinking in mud at home as I mow the grass!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Kelsey, your situation with trying to keep the grass mowed inbetween rain is exactly what's going on here in Northern VA. I think this month has really set records in this area for rain, nearly every day it seems. I like the rain, but would sure love to see some sunshine. The rain followed us all the way through our vacation cruise, in and out of every airport, and even on the high seas. We should not have to deal with a drought this season, that's for sure. In Key West and Cozumel, our ports of call, the temp was well over 100 degrees with extremely high humidity. Even "they" were saying how unusual it was this early in the season.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit