Do JWs Still Believe That Everything Pictures The “Anointed”?

by minimus 12 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It seemed like the Society taught that somehow everyone and everything pictured the anointed class. IS that still the case??

• Sunworshipper805
    Sunworshipper805

I've been out for years, but I remember when they told us earth bound folks that Jesus was not OUR mediator. I thought what the heck?!? If we are so far down the food chain, then why do we do all the work? Why are we held to the same standard as the people who are to become immortal Kings in heaven?

• Sunworshipper805
    Sunworshipper805

Sorry, I was off topic wasn't I?

• Earnest
    Earnest

No. Your question was answered in the Question from Readers of the Watchtower of March 2015, p.17. In brief their answer is :

Humans cannot know which Bible accounts are shadows of things to come and which are not. The clearest course is this: Where the Scriptures teach that an individual, an event, or an object is typical of something else, we accept it as such. Otherwise, we ought to be reluctant to assign an antitypical application to a certain person or account if there is no specific Scriptural basis for doing so.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Yes they do still believe that, they just don't offer types/antitypes that are AS complex as in years past to make themselves seem reasonable and so the R&F doesn't have to think too much. At just the last annual meeting, a new understanding was offered: Instead of picturing the superior Way of Christianity, Ezekiels temple vision now is said to represent the anointed since 1919 . . . As are many other things like the illustration of the faithful slave, etc.

• waton
    waton

wt teaches that the bible only was written speaks to the anointed.

They believe of all the people living now, only the anointed in the stream of time are the generation, although they are not generating much.

navel gazing at its beat. wrong about the beginning, the overlap and the end.

• minimus
    minimus

So if there are no types an anti-tapes that must mean that nearly everything the Jehovah’s Witnesses taught in the 20th century and into the 21st-century was incorrect regarding prophecies as to how they applied to the anointed ones

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Corporation was a commercial success, its was also a commercial fraud that exploited he basic belief in the bible.

One could say correctly that the WTS and its top leaders acquired their power/kingdom through apostasy against the written word the bible.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Where the Scriptures teach that an individual, an event, or an object is typical of something else, we accept it as such. Otherwise, we ought to be reluctant to assign an antitypical application to a certain person or account if there is no specific Scriptural basis for doing so.

And yet they CONtinue to do just that!

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

We had an older elder who used to say from the platform that the Bible was not for the other sheep. The Hebrew scriptures were written for the nation of Israel only, and the Christian Greek scriptures were written for those who were of the heavenly hope.

The other sheep class could see the principles but without the anointed class would still be wandering in the darkness of Christendom!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit