Disussion with JWs re: ONE mediator

by somebody 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• somebody
    somebody

I'm just posting this here for lurking JWs to think about, and perhaps come foreward and explain their thoughts to us here on JWD.com

2/1/98 WT page 17

16 Israel not only was a kingdom but also had an anointed priesthood. In 33 C.E., the Israel of God replaced fleshly Israel and became Jehovah's "servant," his "witnesses." (Isaiah 43:10) Jehovah's words to Israel recorded at Isaiah 43:21 and Exodus 19:5, 6 henceforth applied to the spiritual Israel of God. God's new spiritual nation was now "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession," responsible for 'declaring abroad Jehovah's excellencies.' (1 Peter 2:9) All in the Israel of God, men and women, form a collective priesthood. (Galatians 3:28, 29) As the subsidiary part of the seed of Abraham, they now say: "Be glad, you nations, with his people." (Deuteronomy 32:43) Those of spiritual Israel still remaining on earth make up "the faithful and discreet slave."
    (Matthew 24:45-47) Only in association with them can acceptable sacred service be rendered to God.

20 Still, we may ask, Do the Abrahamic covenant and the new covenant involve only these 144,000 faithful souls? No, others who are not directly in these covenants will be blessed through them, as will be seen in the following article.

16. What kind of priesthood is the Israel of God?

19, 20. (a) For those in the new covenant, what final, glorious fulfillment will Jehovah's promise to Abraham have? (b) What further question needs to be considered?

Page 19

3 For the 144,000
    , the blessing of the Abrahamic covenant is administered through the new covenant. As participants in this covenant, they come "under undeserved kindness" and "under law toward Christ." (Romans 6:15; 1 Corinthians 9:21) Hence, only the 144,000 members of the Israel of God have properly partaken of the emblems during the Memorial of Jesus' death, and only with them did Jesus make his covenant for a Kingdom. (Luke 22:19, 20, 29) Members of the great crowd are not participants in the new covenant. However, they associate with the Israel of God and live with them in their "land." (Isaiah 66:8) So it is reasonable to say that they too come under Jehovah's undeserved kindness and under the law toward Christ. While not participants in the new covenant, they are beneficiaries of it.

3. How are anointed Christians and other sheep different with regard to the new covenant?
    Explain how Jesus is your SOLE mediator between you and GOD please...and NOT the "faithful and discreet" slave, which is represented by the GB of the Watchtower society. Is this article not saying that your sacred service to God ( please keep in mind that worshipping God is part of sacred service rendered to God ) isn't even acceptable to God WITHOUT associating with the remaining 144,000 on earth today?

SOLE means ONLY....ONE mediator.

Please explain it to all here the same way you explain it yourselves in your hearts. Word it the same way you do when you justify this to yoursleves.

I hope you believe that Jesus is your ONE mediator and agree that the WBTS are not teaching the TRUTH in these articles. This is clearly a false teaching if you compare it to what Jesus said in the Bible in regards to Him being the ONE mediator between man and God. because if you don't, then when the reaimaing anointed JWs die, you'll have know way to render sacred service to God. And you no longer will be able to recieve God's blessings, seeing as how you do now.... THROUGH THEM, as your leaders published as spiritual food in thier liturature. And the above article says "it's reasonable to say" that you all "come under Jehovah's undeserved kindness and under the law toward Christ" BY ASSOCIATING with the remaining 144,000. NOT THROUGH CHRIST.

I personaly think that it is UNREASONABLE TO SAY.

Has these teachings of the WTS now considered old truth/ old light? Do they now teach that you are under the new covenent/Law of Christ through Christ's shed blood? And not through association with the people who make up the faithful and discreet slave?

Keep in mind that the MEN who make up the "Governing Body of the Watchtower Society INC." REPRESENT the "faithful and discreet" slave.

peace,

gwen

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Jesus IS my mediator. I pray to Jehovah in the name of Christ and no one else.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

How many times do I have to tell some of you people. It's not Jesus, for Christs sake -

The Greek word is spelled and pronounced cheeses c-h-e-e-s-e-s. Say it with me - cheeses.

cheeses (in one of his more spritual moods)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

SoJ:
    Are you claiming to be anointed, then???

Because that's the latest WTS stance on the subject of Christ's mediatory role.
    Christ is only mediator to the anointed!!!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Watchtower 1979 April 1 p.31 Questions from Readers ***

ยท Is Jesus the "mediator" only for anointed Christians?

The term "mediator" occurs just six times in the Christian Greek Scriptures and Scripturally is always used regarding a formal covenant.

Moses was the "mediator" of the Law covenant made between God and the nation of Israel. (Gal. 3:19, 20) Christ, though, is the "mediator of a new covenant" between Jehovah and spiritual Israel, the "Israel of God" that will serve as kings and priests in heaven with Jesus. (Heb. 8:6; 9:15; 12:24; Gal. 6:16) At a time when God was selecting those to be taken into that new covenant, the apostle Paul wrote that Christ was the "one mediator between God and men." (1 Tim. 2:5) Reasonably Paul was here using the word "mediator" in the same way he did the other five times, which occurred before the writing of 1 Timothy 2:5, referring to those then being taken into the new covenant for which Christ is "mediator." So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians.

It appears that Swordof Jah's incense-like offerings may not be reaching the nostrils of Jehovah.

Expatbrit

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks, Expat.
    I've just finished work, but still in the office, so I didn't have the quote available.

I believe there's one in the 90's, too, that says something similar.

• Will Power
    Will Power

This is an amazing topic.

Ask any JW who is their mediator and they will say Jesus Christ., "It is what the bible says" they say. Ask them to read what their own literature says and they refuse. (I think these are the ones that have read it already & refuse to acknowledge the contradiction)

Ask them if they are in the new covenant - do they even know?

If Jesus is their mediator, then they must be in the new covenant, then they can call their god Father - since these are the sons of God.

If they are not among the sons of God, they cannot call their god Father because they are not in the new covenant - therefore Jesus is not their mediator - so says the GB.

But they can be friends & associates - This is the real reason they don't say the prayer "Our Father......

Lady lee started an excellent about 2 different personalities in 1 JW person. This is one of the great topics that display this phenomenon.

will

• Francois
    Francois

I'll bet you that Butter Knife of Jah doesn't know beans about that little, latest twist regarding who represents who and who hears whose prayers and all that kinda stuff.

Just like the WTBTS is attempting to back away from the blood issue like a little girl backs away from a snake, the WTBTS introduced this current topic, gave the "other sheep" the bad news in the same way: up the ass; no KY.

francois

• DJ
    DJ
    So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians.

There it is. My mom was shocked to learn this when I showed her in her own book! Boy, the things they don't teach at home bible studies..... Sadly, she has accepted that statement and says that the annointed jws are in a way, the mediator because she does good things for them so it is the same as Christ. Oh, well that explains it now doesn't it........ In other words then, I guess she thinks that Jesus is a false prophet too who allows some blood fractions and not others and hates people who bake cakes for their kids on their birthday or thank God for the harvest on Thanksgiving or go to a church to worship Him and celebrate His resurrection and trust in Him alone for their salvation or give their mom flowers on Mother's day and pray without napkins on their heads. dj

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

The key phrase from the quote is: " So in this strict Biblical sense". So my belief stands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit