Assembly day - La Féria, tx stats

by StarTrekAngel 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Just quick post for stats.

1300 attendance

4 baptism, 3 adults and 12 year old son of an elder from my cong

cost: $8500 with $1300 collected with an hour left to the end of the program.

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

If there was 1300 in attendance then the contributions were a $1 each if all paid! :-) x

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

The Tremendous increase is a sure sign that Jehober is with the org!

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

The places is rented ???

• Chook
    Chook

I place the baptism of children as the orgs biggest crime. 12 years of age ,that child has no idea of the social repercussions they have entered into. This is the religious crime that will go down in history as the most emotional blackmail enforced apon an individual. That poor poor child. My heart bleeds for their future pain that they will experience if they investigate their parents religion.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Guarantee you the 12 year old was under lots of pressure to get baptized because if his dad is an elder - he would be under pressure from the CO and others.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Wow. 0.3%. Yet of the dozens or so reports of statistics I have seen over the last 6 months or so, only 1 or 2 have got close to 1%. I can't wait to see the yearbook stats at the end of the year.

Raising only $1 per attendee speaks even louder. Perhaps that kid will live long enough to see the end of one false religion.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Not sure if the kid was under actual "pressure" per se. But I do remember a few stories. He goes to the same class as my daughter and they had a birthday in the class once. The kid gave in and ate cake. Later we found out that he got home crying. His dad, bless his heart as he is a really nice guy, told him he just needed to pray for forgiveness and move on. Yet, he never really told him that it was normal for a child to try and do child things, which includes eating cake without feeling guilty.

As far as the assembly place, it is not rented. Is a fairly new (less than 10 years old) hall built for 5 million and already paid for.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Wow. 0.3%. Yet of the dozens or so reports of statistics I have seen over the last 6 months or so, only 1 or 2 have got close to 1%. I can't wait to see the yearbook stats at the end of the year.

This year is following last year's trend, of .5% average baptism rate.

Yearbook stats will be the same - FLAT.

It will be interesting to see the creativity in 2017. If little or none, we should finally see some decline in the 2018 Yearbook.

• freddo
    freddo

I guess that as this is close to the border with Mexico that there is a high proportion of Spanish speaking brothers and sisters. If so then the baptisms are even lower than you might expect?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit