Things That NEVER Made Sense To Me:

by Englishman 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Francoise,

How about the Hindu Scripture? They existed at the time of said quote as did others. Why would those not be included in the term "all scripture?

eligah

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I didnt read all these so I hope Im not repeating something...but I could never understand the following:

If the Faithful and Discreet Slave CLASS comprises 7000+ give or take, individuals called the annointed remnant, and they are supposed to receive new light and give us our spiritual food at the proper time...how come only a dozen of them ever received any of this new light and the rest had to wait for the new release at the District Convention like the rest of us? ARe there now THREE classes of Christians? Other Sheep, Annointed and SUPERMAXI annointed?

2) If Jesus returned in 1914, invisibly or NOT, and the scriptures say about the memorial to keep doing this UNTIL I RETURN...how come the WTS is still doing it?

3) If new light NEVER replaces or contradicts old light...per the WTS...then how can they not only REPLACE but REVERSE their light on subjects and even go BACK and FORTH between new and old light as in the case with Soddom and Gomorrah and DFing for not screaming when raped?

I could go on...too tired to :)

• openminded
    openminded

How about the "memorial". The whole thing seems silly. Invite a bunch of poeple over to obstain from the flesh and blood of their supposed savior.

Or how about not letting sisters give regular talks. Letting them read the Bible in front of the congregation but not the Watchtower.

Or taking the whole Bible into context and still refusing a dying child a life saving blood or organ transplant.

Or making fun of the "clergy of Christendom" while helping the DO set up his $100,000 camper at the assembly site parking lot.

The whole "Watchtower Study" on Sunday seemed bizaar to me(even as a born and raised dub".

Quickbuilds? whats up with throwing together a poorly constructed building?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Actually, the entire point of the Bible never made sense to me. Consider this:

Adam and Eve eat a piece of fruit. This is a sin about as serious
    as a parking ticket. The result is that approximately 25 Billion people
    have subsequently died.

If this isn't ludicrous enough, consider the solution to the problem: An
    innocent man must be murdered to fix things up.

On what planet does does a murder make things better - especially
    a murder of a good person.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Wow, Running man, that really cuts through all the waffle!

Englishman.

• Mulan
    Mulan

My big issue is Abraham sacrificing Isaac. There is no way, EVER, EVER, EVER, I would even consider doing such a thing to one of my children!!! Or anyone else for that matter. How are we supposed to believe that Abraham was going to do it? Don't anyone tell me he DIDN'T do it!! That argument has been crammed into me for years. The point is, he was going to do it. Or was he? Did that happen.... or is it an allegory? Or a fable.
    Another one of those things that just don't make sense.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

well mulan if you want to go there

"lots daughters" enough said!!!

Ven

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

Make sure of all things! But oh by the way you can only use the things we say are ok to make sure that we're telling the truth....huh?

Death will be no more! <well except for the animals, and other various folk that we will discuss later>....huh?

Jehovah is a God of love. Jehovah kills small children during the smiting of various assorted peoples in various assorted wars...huh?

<cocking head to one side like a dog listening to a high pitched noise>

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice!

Gee, wonder why as a witness I walked around with a knot in the pit of my stomach all the time?

Eyes

• Mulan
    Mulan

Yeah! Lot's daughters. That one is too puzzling. Thanks for the reminder, Venice. Another one is Solomon threatening to cut a baby in half. I posted this on H20 a long time back. That one is really sick, and not terribly wise in my opinion. I pasted those pages together in the Bible Stories Book so my little ones wouldn't see it. (The Abraham sacrificing Isaac page also)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Can I add one more to the list? This is the one I can truly say I've wondered about for many years, and still the Boys in Writing haven't 'twigged' to it, going by this latest example:

"The Bible points out the reason for today's falling standards. The last book of the Bible, Revelation, describes a war in heaven, the outcome of which has affected all humans down to this day. The apostle John wrote: "War broke out in heaven....So down the great dragon was hurled...etc [Rev 12:7-9] What was the IMMEDIATE effect of that war?...."Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time". - Rev. 12:12. "Woe for the earth" came when World War 1 BROKE OUT IN 1914 and brought to an end an era of standards very different from those of today..."(see Watchtower June 1, 2001 page 5)[Emphasis added]

My question is: How come WW1 broke out BEFORE Satan was cast from heaven? (WW1 commenced July/August 1914 whereas the Gentile Times ended October 1914)

Cheers,

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit