My JW Elder Brother Passed Away

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

My sincerest condolences. We've never met, only interacted on here - but reading the news made me sad, as if we were old friends.

• millie210
    millie210

How are you feeling about attending the service Minimus?

That can be additional stress for some of us and I was wondering how you are.

• Stealth
    Stealth
    Condolences to you Minimus.
  • dogisgod
    dogisgod

My heart goes out for you. The borg made him dead before his demise. His death is so final in that the hope of reconciliation can never be achieved. What a horrible thing this group does.

• VIII
    VIII

Very sorry for your loss Minimus. Losing a sibling, even one we've drifted apart from is difficult.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sorry for your loss, Minimus.

Mixed emotions for sure. I have been debating within myself about attending the memorial for an elder I've known for over 40 years. Then I recalled the Society's advice about showing we care when a non-Witness has died. Our "conscience" says we would not attend a service conducted within "Babylon the Great," but we demonstrate our love for the bereaved by preparing a meal, writing a note of condolence, etc.

Their advice works for me -- helping the family but not attending the service.

Depends, I guess, on what you or I call "Babylon the Great."

Take care, mon ami.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Sorry to hear Minimus.

Now you will have to deal with how you'll be treated at the memorial

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

My deepest condolences, Minimus.

• flipper
    flipper

My wife & I send our deepest condolences on your loss Minimus. Lost several JW family members in death the last year and a half myself - very sad and sobering experience. Take care, sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• minimus
    minimus

I truly appreciate all of your comments to me. And yes many of you like undercover I consider friends. When my mom died it was a bit more nerve-racking because I did not want to create an issue once again out of respect for her. My brothers wife and daughter have been very nice and they said whatever makes me comfortable they will do including saving a seat in the front row or not. Next week is the time. Not looking forward to it but I have to do what I have to do

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit