Yesterday's wt: No wonder jws don't get any results from their ministry

by nowwhat? 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

All about teaching the bible and about God. What about preaching the gospel of Jesus? There's only about a dozen scriptures that say Christians are to bear witness about the Christ that they ignore. If they're looking for common ground everybody knows or heard about Jesus whether they are a believer or not. Major facepalm!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It goes back to the WTS's doctrinal position that Jesus is not god which most of Christianity professes and worships. The WTS took this as wrong and that Jehovah if the almighty god to which people should direct their worship to not his son who he sent to earth.

Many people are vaguely unknowing who Jehovah is, they dont celibate Jehovahmas every year

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Finkelstein - "...they dont celibate Jehovahmas every year..."

LOL!

Know what's really funny?

I can actually picture some of the earlier WT guys (post-Rutherford) actually suggesting something like this. Remember they "theocratic calender" thing?

BTW, "Jehovamas" probably would be quite celibate.

Just sayin'. :smirk:

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

The jws wanted to be different and only preach the father, they ignore the son for the most part don’t want to accidentally get any ideas of a trinity is why I’ve been told. But the real reason could be much more brazen.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

BTW, "Jehovamas" probably would be quite celibate.

Yes your probably right Vidoit, no hanky panky that day .

The WTS eventually adopted the name title Christian Witnesses mostly used in legal terms just to clarify things a bit.

The point I was trying to make is the general public does not know who Jehovah is in the epistemology of Christianity.

If JWS were to use the name title of Christian Witnesses, they would probably attract much more attention from the public in service.

• blondie
    blondie

Acts 1:8 (Jesus said this to his followers)

But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distant part of the earth.”

(Unless the WTS believes that Jesus and Jehovah are the same person)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - “...The point I was trying to make is the general public does not know who Jehovah is in the epistemology of Christianity...”

I’d argue that the general public doesn’t even know what epistemology even is (rim shot ).

Seriously though, I don’t know if that’s quite true... most folks have seen Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, after all.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Did I make a valid point though Vidiot ?

People see churches everywhere and the perceived awareness is that these churches have something to do about Jesus.

Jehovah ...... who's that again ?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Jews recognize Jesus as a wise man

Muslims recognize him as a prophet

Asians are aware of Jesus as a historical person. What more common ground do you need?!

• waton
    waton

jws preach Jesus as the king of 1914, hanging on for dear life ( in that phase from 1914 to The end the great A), supported by the second group of overlapping anointed followers.

follow mw?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit