You think Watchtower will have a spiritual money tier system

by Overrated 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Overrated
    Overrated

Since I think Watchtower will be an online/TV cult, the members would show their spirituality by how much money they give. Also to use The Jw tv you have pay your monthly dues for access. And you can purchase JW merchandise and Gee-hober Bucks! And the rank and file will be monitored and on a tier system. This to me sounds like the craziness Watchtower would pull. What do you think?

• Biahi
    Biahi

How would this work in poor countries, like India, African countries, etc? Sliding scale?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Yes. For every hour you spend watching Caleb and Sophia, you will get 4 Watchcoins. Even if you are only able to watch the dimwitted characters for only 15 minutes per month, you will still receive one Watchcoin and remain in good standing. Stephen Lett will be smiling that warm, eye-squinting smile from Watchtower-studio heaven.

But if you prove unfaithful, and do not make time for the dim-witted characters, and do evil in the sight of the Body, you will be put on probation. In an effort to restore your association, Dr. Lett will then order a colonoscopy and if you do not submit, you will be considered as one of the nations and will be cut-off from among your people.

And, Punchy the Clown will be sad.

• hoser
    hoser

I don’t think Jehovah’s witnesses in general have a lot of money. Yes, there are those select few well to do witnesses but the average jw is not flush with cash.

My observation is a downhill spiral. When each congregation owned their Kingdom Hall they would work together to keep it in shape and well maintained. It was a source of pride and publishers would scrape together whatever they had to keep their local hall.

Now that Kingdom Halls became corporate there is no local incentive to pay the bills. Someone else’s problem.

I think if they expect online donations to watch Caleb videos they are sadly mistaken.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

So Overrated you think the JWS are not going back to Kingdom Halls.

I've got a surprise for you.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Just the very thought about having to go back to KH's gives me anxiety attacks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit