Chapter 27 New Boy 50 years a Watchtower slave

by new boy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• mann377
    mann377

Dam Sparky! I wish I knew you were good at pool. I guess the subject never came at the hall, go figure.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, Keith:

I was too busy with congregation and work to get a G job, but, like so many other brothers, I was overworked to the max. When I went to see Dr. D, I explained my situation. His response was that the fellow who burns the candle at both ends is not very bright.

A snappy retort, sure, but it didn't resolve my dilemma.

I left Bethel early.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I had a cousin in Bethel, circa late 1950's, that I'd visit. I had no interest in being institutionalized after HS so I pioneered. Never wanted to serve in Bethel, didn't like the place. We had former Bethelites in our congregation none of them had anything good to say about it........ other then drinking. It was that old saying "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy."

After a while I went to pioneer where the need was great(or). Best decision ever because that's where I met my wife. We've been married 53 years. I introduce her as the love of my life........ she introduces me as her current husband.

We both left the tooth together in our young twenties in time to restart our lives while we could enjoy ourselves. That cousin of mine is still institutionalized. He works somewhere on the farm or Patterson his wife still does maid service. They haven't talked to me in the last 50 years. Which in this case is a good thing.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Coco,I thought DD would prescribe a chill pill to burned out Bethelites.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Giordano, there is good and bad in being institutionalized but you have to try it to know what I mean. One gets used to it but the grass looks greener on the other side when you are there and when you leave one misses things about the institution.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Fisherman:

Yes, I wish I had gotten that pill early on because I really did want to stay.

On a different thread, I wrote that Dean Songer, my overseer, told me that Bethel comes first, congregation second. There was no way that was possible since I was in a foreign language congregation. It really was a hopeless situation.

I do believe I am older (of course!) and wiser (debatable) now and would handle my problems differently . . .

Thanks.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Coco, you are a very cool and likable dude. I can relate to how you feel. They would have kept you too and they never would have asked you to leave. I know people that you know that after all these years were asked to leave. I felt so bad for them. You had to be very stable to have had the job you had. Were you inthe Spanish with Franz?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit