My heart's not in it

by What is Truth? 13 Replies latest jw friends

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

You know how when your asked to talk about something your not interested in how annoying it is, or difficult to debate something from the opposite side of your view. After learning ttatt I've come to regard the nonsense the org spouts as quite evil then to have to give parts about how great it is makes me hate it that much more.

Story aside, what might you say to the elders to get them to dismiss it or get off your back if you told them your heart's not in it any more?

Not the obvious it's a stupid hypocritical cult that needs to be wiped from the face of the earth.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Tell them you don't know what's wrong, but every time you have an assignment you can't stop throwing up before the meeting. You don't have to specify that it's MENTAL throwing up!

If you're not ready to be dis-f'd, don't tell them anything like your heart's not it in anymore.

Marina

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Right was definitely the wrong response.

Thanks Marina that's a good one.

• Crabby
    Crabby

Do you really want these people in your Church?

Let them rot in the Kingdom Hell Hall

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

Claim mental strain. Say you're emotionally drained and are having a difficult time with life in general. Tell them you're working through it and just need some space.

That's the best way to draw back without much suspicion.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Go with severe depression. Worked like a charm for me. Although it took the dorks 6 months, they finally let me step down as an elder. (During those 6 months I didn't do a single assignment or comment at meetings either)😉

• zeb
    zeb

My heart.... I suffered this for months before |I decided to not go back. I was also working very early starts and wife would habitually get into a gab fest after meetings.' ..but I had to see sr...' This made the nights even longer and me even more sleep deprived and my bi-polar even worse.

Finally I would go nod to who I met ignore everyone else sit and read my bible,... eyes down. I ceased to answer as were the majority anyways leaving prompted little kids (who should have been in bed!) but mostly the same old ones with their fixed minds answering according to the 'party-line'.

Recently I saw a quote: "There is a limit to the extent to which you can spiritually prostitute yourself."

• somebody
    somebody

If you look back a little for SAHS post, he or she said what is below. That person said much more but I would just say, " I dedicated my life to GOD, and not to any human, any group of humans, any work, or any organization when I got baptized". And I prefer to and WILL keep it that way. And then just tell anyone questioning you that you don't wish to discuss it any further. And I would say that whether you still believe in God or not. It'll give you time to yourself to search online or /and your heart and come to a conclusion either way.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5665189600952320/big-boldfaced-lie-meeting-workbook-august-1-7-2016

There is a fundamental lie which I couldn’t help noticing today in the Our Christian Life and Ministry—Meeting Workbook for August 1-7, 2016. It is in the little supplemental page considered this week under the title “Improving Our Skills in the Ministry—Helping Bible Students to Progress to Dedication and Baptism,” in the first paragraph (labelled “WHY IMPORTANT”), third sentence. Here is that sentence:
    “A Christian’s dedication is to Jehovah—not to a human, a work, or an organization.”

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

That's about what I would like to tell them Crabby, I think I will go with to much stress discouraged depression anxiety disorder. I am about to that point Zeb, how are you doing now?

SAHS sounds like a brave person quite a blunt point they made, I don't want to open that can of worms. I just want, hey I am tired of being your lackey I'm out, "ok well take back our shovel you can go sit with the other sheep, just don't tell them what they're eating and will forget about this."

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Just tell them, that you will stop doing talks.

If they ask why, you tell them not to worry but those are personal reasons.

If they wanna make a shepherding call you say: "Thanks for your concern; but no, I am fine. If I feel the need for your encouraging shepherding visit, I'll let you know right away."

Don't give the elder power they shouldn't get.

I tell you if you are persistent they can't do anything. They try but if you are persistent, they will leave you. I was an elder before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit