Last night's talk re sisters wearing head covering, puke making!

by purrpurr 49 Replies latest jw friends

• NotNew
    NotNew

GrreatTeacher3 minutes ago

"It is a deliberate attempt to put down the male gender." - NotNew

In my experience, most guys are more than happy to acknowledge their penis. It's like they actually like them, or something.

**Fair enough...must be why Bruce (Caithlyn) Jenner has not had his removed!

SW

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

from now on all sisters must wear a head covering in the kingdom hall.

a brown paper bag--or a card board box.

some of the silly sods would too.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Wow Notnew you really wouldn't have liked my old next door neighbours!

They were feminist seperatists and whenever a male would ring the house phone they would answer it and yell "so and so, it's for you there's a penis on the phone!"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    First, who according to their own theocracy made their natural hair? If it was joke-hova, then why hide it with something that man (the creation) made?
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    The reference made about penis is not made in derogatory way. It sarcasm about the silliness of a controlling cult we at one time adhered too. It about as silly as the teaching that a women can rule with Christ as a anointed but cant pray among a baptized male, just because he has a penis. I never understood this, it seemed so stupid even when I believed it wholeheartedly.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

This reminds me of a situation that happened over a year ago with a pioneer sister at my congregation.

She was studying/indoctrinating a lady in the second school with the doors closed when the wife and I came into the hall at break time during Saturday service. We decided to hang out at the hall to see if someone was going out in the afternoon.

This pioneer sister suddenly ran out of the second school to go to her car, grabbed her head covering and then apologized because she didn't have it with her while indoctrinating a person in the Kingdom Hall in another friggin room where we couldn't hear anyways.

Totally crazy!!! Like I even cared in the first place!!!

• pbrow
    pbrow

My daughter mentioned this a couple of days ago. I remembered that sisters had to wear head coverings if giving prayers or talks in the company of men but is this referring to something new?

pbrow

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I remember in high school walking in on a study that a sister friend of mine was having. When she saw me she mentioned that since a brother was in the room she needed a head covering. She then pulled up her sweater over her head.

I thought that was cute.

• SAHS
    SAHS

I can see the women at the kingdom hall and out in the field service having to wear some kind of burka, maybe dark blue with a white JW dot org on it – as long as it doesn’t go above the knee.

That’s instead of the ancient Israelite robes with fringes along the bottom and a blue thread with wool dyed reddish purple. So glad to see the Watchtower organization keeping up with the times. The men don’t even need to wear a turban. (Unless they want to.)

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Sahs, I can't ever see the GB directing the brothers to wear any kind of head gear. I mean they are the alpha head penis so why do they need to inconvenience themselves and look silly to others in the process?

Question for the awake but still in sisters on here, if the GB ever decreed that sisters had to wear a head covering all the time would you comply?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit