Last night's talk re sisters wearing head covering, puke making!

by purrpurr 49 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Admittedly I have not seen them use this quote recently, but boy! they used to love saying this, from a "psychologist":

WT 1962 8/1 p 463

" I saw emerge these two truths: 1. All women like to work under a ceiling of authority. In short, they like to be bossed. 2. All women must feel that they are needed. These truths arise from the fact that, basically, women feel while men think. Women frequently measure up to men and surpass them in intelligence, but they are handicapped by the weight of emotional drag. Men have more practical minds; they can judge, organize, direct. Thus the supervision of women by men seems to be nature’s plan, "

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf
    I used to feel oppressed being a girl in a man's religion, but now I'm glad that I don't have to give any talks or have any "privileges". All I have to do is pretend to agree and be on my way. :)
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    Finkelstein
    Finkelstein sometimes I think this is wise advice, not to "speak" in the KH. Those people who do usually are digging their own illogical, contradicting, lying "grave".

So many times just standing there and listening is the wisest things to do. You can get so much information(between the lines type) when not engaging in drivel. I have done this with people before. In business the big heads love to talk, so, I let them. All they want. I don't engage, just listen. Usually it winds up being to their own detriment.
    My action always trumps their talking. That's how it is. Action speaks louder than the words do. Talk is cheap.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Blackwolf there speaks wisdom....the fact is the Borg actually has far less control over women, as the only thing they let us do is recruit...and they're hardly gonna stop that!
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I wonder if the GB would ever dare to make the sisters wear head scarfs all the time when in the hall and ministry? -purrpurr

Surely not, what religion would make women do that!

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    OMG purrpurr, that is hilarious! Makes you think Taliban and burkas, yes? Never forget soooooo long ago when I actually was in service groups when one of the women would sit there with a hanky on her head if no penis showed up to conduct before going d2d. 😂
  • gma-tired2
    gma-tired2
    if God is so down with women why did he give us an equal brain to think and make decisions. Sorry I am pissed. I grew up trying to hide my intellect from brothers. Now my husband knows I am quite capable of handling most problems.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Does the bigger the headcovering mean the more respect is being shown?

Where's my giant sombrero! That enough R.E.S.P.E.C.T. for yah boys!

• purrpurr
    purrpurr
    Sparrowdown, perhaps the rule is "the bigger the penis the bigger the head covering needed to show it respect"?
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    Misogyny was one of the reasons I knew, as a teenage girl, that I could never be a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit