Just ordered the book Crisis of Conscience

by CitizenofEarth 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CitizenofEarth
    CitizenofEarth

Hello there.

I just ordered the book CoC, and will son recieve it. Does anyone have anything you want to mention about the book - perhaps some things you stumbled upon that might help me understand something more? Or maybe you have any thoughts you want to share regarding the book? Anything is appreciated. I have been lurking on this forum almost everyday for some time now, and i just enjoy reading the mulitude of perspectives from you people.

Thanks again.

• Chook
    Chook

Poor old Raymond, he didn't even have bitterness that some here have ( me included ). He really showed how democratic the whole voting process was , and innocent brothers died in countries for a simple government issued identity card ( Malawi ) and at the same time in history these guys sitting at the magic table of god on Wednesdays let the brothers in Mexico bribe gov officials to say they had served their military conscription time. Old Raymond has no problem explaining the wranglings of politics to get change. He also said most time on GB was dealing with complex judicial rulings and we know how this church loves rulings.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You will be impressed with his dignity and poise. Also his well presented points.

My recommendation is take good care of the book! It is rare....

Enjoy!

• oppostate
    oppostate

Can you tell us where you are ordering it from?

• zeb
    zeb

I have read it. and, well its definitely written by a jw. He never uses one word if can use a paragraph. To any former or 'in' jw it is an eye opener but it needs some fairly robust editing.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

best book I ever read.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

best book I ever read.

It will certainly change your way of seeing the organization thats for sure. Personally, after reading it, there was no way i could return to the Watchtower society. Ray comes across without a hint of bitterness and it poised at all times. You'll see that he quotes the Watchtower year, month, page and paragraph so you can look it up yourself. Sometimes even reprinting a letter from the society on the page.

You'll enjoy it.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I found the first half of the book hard going...a lot of watchtower. I nearly chucked of out. Then I started half way through.....and couldn't put it down.

• alanv
    alanv

The whole book is amazing, and I too found it hard to put down. It is crammed with information about what goes on behind the scenes in New York.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I read this book twice. I couldn't put it down. I even jotted down about 40 pages of notes as had to hand it back in to the library. I felt that others like myself needed to read it and didn't want to hold on to it. That was back in 2003. Would love to get my own copy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit