I NEED SELF-DISCIPLINE. HELP !!

by Nomad Soul 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nomad Soul
    Nomad Soul

Does anybody recommendo a book, or on the net, information on self discipline?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Soul,

Start by LOOKING IT UP YOURSELF!

HA!

Self discipline is usually learned behavior. You generally can't learn it from a book. Start out small and meet the challenges you set for yourself without trying to please others. Then use the Google search engine and FIND THE BOOK on your own.

Yeru

• Nomad Soul
    Nomad Soul

I stand corrected.

Well, what you said makes sense, BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL IT LIKE IT IS !!! lol

• shamus
    shamus

You could give yourself a spanking....

( I am sorry - just could not resist.... Seriously!)

What is the problem?

(Duh, is he/she really going to open up after that smart-ass remark?)

• Nomad Soul
    Nomad Soul

The problem is that today I realized I don't have self discipline. I guess I panicked.

• shamus
    shamus

That's ok!

There is so much to begin with, where do you start?

Sorry again for being such a smart-ass in the previous post.

• be wise
    be wise

Tie a knot in it!

Reading a book won't help.

Nah, seriously I need to be way more disciplined myself, accept I'm enjoying it at the moment but I'll have to change soon so I best make the most of it. If you find a book on it let me know ...see, I'm worse than you!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Self discipline comes from challenging yourself to accomplish a goal. Decide to get up every day on time, and then do it. Eat less, or exercise more, etc, you get it my doing. The Army was great for that with me, the classic UNDERACVHIEVER. I quit everything as soon as it became difficult, until it got to the point where I couldn't stand to look in the mirror in the morning because I dispised who I was. KNOWING you have no self discipline is the key to fixing that problem for yourself.

Find someone to be accountable to. A work out parnter, a co-worker, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit