Are you Enjoying the World Cup?

by snugglebunny 20 Replies latest social physical

• cofty
    cofty

Loving it.

Bye bye Germany.

• stillMS
    stillMS

Today, Russian occupants scored 3 more Ukrainian soldiers defending their motherland, (plus to thousands of civilians and soldiers killed in previous 4 years):

JFO HQ: 3 killed, 1 wounded during Donbas hostilities on June 27 daytime

Have a nice and cold beer while watching #bloodyworldcup, guys!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Loving it.

Bye bye Germany. - XD

Der Nationalelf ist auf dem Weg zurueck nach Deutschland (ich hoffe, dass das richtig ist).

• cofty
    cofty

StillMS - Putin is as legitimate, and as ethical as a Mafia Don. We know that.

I don't care where the games are being played. Chill out.

Can't wait to see replay of Germany v South Korea later. Love watching crying Germans.

• nugget
    nugget

my husband is on business in Germany and was watching the Korea Germany game in the hotel. He had to leave after Korea scored their second goal knocking Germany out of the competition because he couldn't restrain himself from yelling "Yes!!" in a room full of Germans.

He may make it home alive but who knows.

• stillMS
    stillMS

cofty - surely, you have every right to ignore my view of this world cup's location, as well as thousands war casualties and several millions lives ruined in some strange distant country (a country that had voluntarily abandoned its huge nuclear arsenal in exchange for 'superpowers' guaranties of security - so stupid of it, isn't it?), and just about three hundred civilian Europeans/Aussies/Malaysians killed by Russia's government (who really cares - ah?).

But I guess I also have the right not to be excited about this 'sports' event - especially given the title of this thread (quite a provocative one, as to me).

Enjoy yourselves!

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Der Nationalelf ist auf dem Weg zurueck nach Deutschland (ich hoffe, dass das richtig ist).

Die Nationalelf ist auf dem Weg zurück nach Deutschland (that's right)

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    ... He may make it home alive but who knows.

A few beers with the Germans and everything is good

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

A few beers with the Germans and everything is good -

Just to say to everyone, important phrase if you're travelling to Germany, Austria or Switzerland ... noch ein Bier bitte.

I used to drink a German beer called Loewenbraeu ... it was the dog's bollocks XD

• cofty
    cofty
    who really cares - ah? - stillMS

I care, very much. I have spent a considerable amount of time studying Russian history this past year. I despise Putin. He used the FSB to kill Russian civilians in order to provoke a war with Chechnya and then had Litvinenko murdered for talking about it. He is a moral monster.

I am certain he bribed FIFA to get the rights to the World Cup. I wish it was being played elsewhere but it isn't.

I am capable of enjoying the sport regardless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit