Jehovah always used an earthly organization

by Reazon22 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Reazon22
    Reazon22

I’ve always heard this line used by many witnesses. But when I asked what organization was he using previously I can never get a response until recently. I was told about a group called “The Way”. No other details were given. Has anyone else heard of this?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Many Christian organizations proclaim they are being spirit directed and chosen by god including the JWS, what comes to more importance is the ones who actually adhere to the written word and the words of son, this is where the JWS fail .

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
  • DomineIvimus-DI
    DomineIvimus-DI

I had never heard of that group before. Presumably they took the name from Acts 22:4

“I persecuted the followers of this Way to their death, arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison,”

‭‭Acts‬ ‭22:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

https://www.bible.com/111/act.22.4.niv

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I once heard it said by JW`s that the Waldensians were probably used by Jehovah round about the 12th Century .

When asked a similar question.

Its funny to me how the JW`s follow the Catholic Church in what books of the Bible they use dropping the Apocryphal books ,and also using the name for God invented by a Roman Catholic Monk in the 13th Century .

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I read (or assumed) that the first century Christians were known as “The Way” as well.

i was also told by one of those deep study elder types that William Tyndall and Martin Luther were “surely” used be Jehovah.

Why Jehovah managed to fail so much with his own book that it required mortal men to fix his mess is never mentioned.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And one could also ask now, why he hasn`t stepped in to set matters straight with all of the technology that is available to all and sundry today ?

After all he is a God of Love that desires none to be destroyed doesn`t he ?

And you can`t rely on the message Jehovah`s Witnesses give because it keeps changing every so often and they don`t even know what the current teaching is.

• blondie
    blondie

You might find this info on www.jwfacts.com interesting. It considers several points starting with the one below; food for thought.

https://jwfacts.com/watchtower/organization.php

Does Jehovah require an Organization?

Watchtower makes the claim that "Jehovah has always guided his servants in an organized way." (You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth p.192) If that is the case, how were they guided and organised during the dark ages? What group represented God's organization immediately prior to the formation of the Watch Tower Society in the 1884 by Charles Russell, and why didn't Russell just follow them?

Word "Organization" not in the bible

Requirement for Salvation?

Does God Require an Organization?

Israel?

Christian Times?

How Directed?

Historical Development (WTS)

• Half banana
    Half banana

If there was an almighty God why would he need an earthly organisation?

If there was a real God he obviously has not chosen the bunch of bumbling alcoholics in NY called JW org.who have never got anything right.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Once I asked this question to an elder when I was PIMO.

He said that Jah had different organizations all the time in history and Puritans were one among those. However since I was already having suspicions about the cult during that time, I didn’t believe it

Anyway to sum up: All gods are man made. And all Gods Organization are man made scams.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit