Need Vocal Renditions of Sing Praises to Jehovah

by cybernyben101 9 Replies latest jw friends

• cybernyben101
    cybernyben101

I am looking for vocal renditions of some the kingdom songs in this old songbook: Sing Praises to Jehovah. Most of my favorite kingdom songs are from that songbook and I would love to download them on my phone. I enjoy listening to vocal renditions of kingdom melodies. Only Sing to Jehovah and Sing Joyfully to Jehovah both have vocal renditions of the songs on the JW library but not Sing Praises to Jehovah.

The search results i got from google are mostly the orchestra versions and videos of some guy playing the tunes on a piano. Those old songs are classics that flood me with a lot of memories.

Did Watchtower ever release any vocal version of those songs? I am especially looking for vocals of song '171 A Victory Song' and song '208 A Song of Rejoicing'

I will be grateful if anyone can help out.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

jeeesus.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Nostalgia means different things to different people.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hi cybernyben101:

First of all, may I welcome you aboard!

This site has been a place of both instruction and fellowshipping for many years.

I first ‘arrived’ some 23 years ago and in all that time have met up with a good many folks, most of whom have different recollections of the Kingdom songs to what you have. Some of us find that at the weirdest moments the tune or lyric of a kingdom song interrupts our day’s routine.

Many folk associate these songs with emotional and even physical abuse.

If you check this site further, you will come across a plentiful record of that.

Anyways, you’re welcome here, there’s no shunning!

Cheers,

Ozzie 🍷

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hi Cyberniben101 you could try asking on JWtalk or exjwReddit?

A lot of people prefer the old song books and although it's true many people's memories are marred by domestic/childhood violence or CSA, we all do cherish some memories of time spent with loved ones. Even having that close community - albeit we know intellectually at least - that those ties were conditional on our remaining loyal to an organisation, our hearts still treasure them.♥️

I'm only sorry that if I didn't sound like a strangled cat I'd willingly sing some of those old favourites for you myself😂👍

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hello cybernyben101

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds to me that some of the Kingdom Melodies have given you comfort in the past.

I hope someone on board can help you in your quest and that you stay a while and share some of your story with us.

Be blessed

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

The Watchtower released a cassette with some of the songs as sung, with the lyrics, by a brother with a nice deep and powerful voice back in the days of the songbook you mention above with that illustration.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

These were on tape and CD a long while back, I also recall the previous-previous song book being on LP, not sure if these ever made it on a pressed record. You’d have to find a JW or exJW that hasn’t destroyed them yet, eBay or flea markets are often a decent source.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I knew of a friend who had more musical talent then me who made a parody of " We are Jehovah's Dorks".

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I remember many years back they released a tape version (I think it may of even been before CDs) of various renditions of the Kingdom Melodie’s. If memory serves me correctly some may have even been sung by GB members. I was PIMI at the time of its release, and I played it over and over trying to get a vibe from it. But quite frankly it was terrible, but hey I sincerely tried.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit