The Dinosaurs.

by I Faded Twice 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Was anyone else taught that dinosaurs even old T Rex was a vegetarian ?

I remember as a kid my parents contradicting what school taught. They reasoned that meat eating was not allowed before the flood. Which makes no sense !

And lions will go back to eating vegetables and plants in the New System.

• unsure
    unsure

As a young one, I remember trying to debate alternate explanations (other than meat eating) with a classmate as to why predators have canine teeth.

How foolish I was.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I was told that.

Someone answered at a Watchtower they knew of an experiment with lions fed exclusively on straw and it turned them tame again! The elder neither corrected them or questioned which experiment, by whom or when but moved on as if this could actually have been true not even hinting the statement was outrageously false

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Lions and other felines cannot survive by eating plants.

Btw, this was one of the first doubts I ever had when I was in the cult. I was having a bible study and I asked the study conductor why was it that many carnivorous animals seem to have a body that is perfectly "made" to hunt and eat flesh. He told me in a somewhat annoyed voice that I "also had to have faith in things".

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^ cats are hypercarnivores, obligate carnivores ... they must eat other animals to survive (American lion skull).

^^^ dogs are carnivores but are more generalist than cats ... approx. 10% of wild dogs' diet is plant/vegetable/fruit - including the stomach contents. You can feed your pet pooch tiny amounts of broccoli, kale, carrot or apple (skulls of grey wolf, red wolf and coyote).

^^^ pigs are omnivores ... they eat plant matter and animal matter, whatever they can find (warthog skull).

^^^ horses are herbivores ... they must eat plant matter to survive (Grant's zebra skull).

^^^ T-rex skull ... does it look like a herbivore to you?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes and all fish species were also plant eaters.

If its in the bible then its true and factual. ........ sheesh

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

As a child I was enthralled with dinosaurs. I was never discouraged by my parents, from thinking that TRex was a meat eater, as were other dinos. I do however, remember hearing and being taught by WT that prior to the flood no animals consumed meat. I remember questioning this, in regards to carnivorous Dinosaurs. My mothers very balanced reply was, we just don't know.

But we definitely do know now:

https://www.livescience.com/22809-diinosaur-gut-contents.html

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Not to derail the conversation, but speaking of dinosaurs, check this one out. Take a minute and look at the pictures! Incredible!!!

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/proof/2017/05/nodosaur-fossil-discovery-science-photography/

• blondie
    blondie

I wondered what would happen if there were no carnivores to eat the small animals that multiplied like "rabbits"? Would god practice birth control on these small animals?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I've heard that said. I have also heard that demons created dinosaur fossils to cause people to believe in evolution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit