Enlightenment, Will It Be A Rather Common Experience In The Future?

by Brokeback Watchtower 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

It has been said by some that an enlightened being came/happened once every 500 years, but now they seem to be popping up all over the place.

The Buddha had to meditate like hell, he even starved himself to attain it. Monks spend many years doing some are successful some are not.

I think with science looking into these Nirvana states of mind that they will figure out a way to end suffering for the human species which will usher in a whole different way of life with higher intelligence running things.

From my understanding of Enlightenment it is a sort of rewiring of the brain where the signals go up pleasure side of the amygdala where as painful emotions and sensations go up the other side. Negative emotions and pain use up a lot of processing power and so limit true intelligence. An enlightened person has most of his brain signals going up the positive side of the amygdala and so reacts to things that cause pain differently as all suffering has ended he acts with intelligence instead of the painful emotion type reaction.

I feel with the tools we moderns now have we can examine the brain and make the adjustments in the way it processes information so that in the near future we will have a completely transformed species with much more intelligence.

I would even bet that the top governments are looking into this and researching the subject as a real possibility.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

In my opinion. Certain drugs can accelerate this phenomena.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm thinking pharmacological too. Maybe some sort of electromagnetical God helmet that you just put on your head. I think we got all this technology why not use it to our benefit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odWIPhj-ivo

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think magic mushrooms might offer a possibility:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVgQQIiZF0

• venus
    venus

brokebackWT,

It is easy to get enlightenment—I got it from analyzing my sleep.

1) Sometimes we get sleep when we want,
    sometimes we get sleep when we don’t want in such situation as listening to a public talk,
    and sometimes we don’t get sleep when we want.

It means life is a play of both free-will and destiny; hence when something that happens not according to our expectation, we can easily accept it.

2) When I look at the way my breathing happens—I realize that I only witness as it happens rather than I do the breathing which continues even while I am sleeping. So is the case with other circulations and vital functions such as digestion … etc. It means there exists an immaterial builder of body that can exist with or without body.

3) If this is my make-up, so is the make-up of rest of the humanity. Upon realizing this, feeling of me-and-other-separation ceases, and self-importance is no longer an issue and one’s intention is one to include, connect and co-operate with others. The more one does this, the more harmony it generates and the more beneficial it turns to be. According to many research studies, when some people who led a self-serving life in the past begin a compassionate life they feel good and happy. That means our very make-up teaches that humans have to be loving each other in order to feel good and to be happy. Scientists have found that generosity made people happier and promising to be more generous was enough to trigger a change in our brain giving us pleasant feeling. (http://www.media.uzh.ch/en/Press-Releases/2017/Generosity.html)

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Kinda like compassion for all beings. or Om Mani Padme Hum. Well if it works for you that's great. I'm thinking science might have the answer and find a very simple recipe that will work for the majority.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think I'm all for a reconfiguration of the amygdala so that pain is interpreted differently by the brain and suffering ends. Evolution gave us the suffering of pain for survival but evolution can be improved upon it never provides best means for survival but mainly what works by a mutation process. I think this might be a giant step for homo sapiens as the turn into homo evolutis.

http://highexistence.com/bye-bye-homo-sapien-hello-homo-evolutis/

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • JeffT
    JeffT

I went to college in the sixties, when lots of people ran around talking about being enlightened. In the eighties I worked for a company that sent all of its employees to EST and its offshoots. A few years ago my wife taught in a school run by a religion that was all about mindfulness. Now people are talking about being "woke." It is my experience that all of the above groups contain some nice people, but all of them are remarkably self-absorbed and talk about their supposed (but not noticeable to an outside observer) intellectual and spiritual superiority.

In my opinion, you need to be about it, not talk about it.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I agree with most of what you say. I kinda half disagree with this:

In my opinion, you need to be about it, not talk about it.

Yes and no. The no part being "not talk about it" which I think is very reasonable accept for the part about silence is implied which I ask: Why not talk about it?. Why the vow of silence? Why is this a taboo subject?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit