Dutch convention: disassociation in broader perspective

by Gorbatchov 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Today at the Utrecht international convention in Holland there was no "word in Spanish" about dissassociation.

"We avoid any contact with dissassociated witnesses. Not only sinners, but in a broader perspective, also inactive witnesses".

There was a lot of noise in the hall direct after that moment.

So, no fading escape in the near future, I expect.

G.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Thanks for the update Gorby.

My wife and in-laws were in Zwolle but they probably heard similar bullsh...sadly. Anyway, I'm thinking about forcing the few JW friends I have left into showing their face by contacting them next week to get together...

Did they play the shunning video where Sonya is kicked out of the house by her dad and her mother doesn't answer the phone?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Yes they did. A very sad movie, parent not answering the telephone call of their DA daughter.

The concluding message was "don't be sentimental, be loyal to Jehovah".

No email, app or facebook wit DA family was said also.

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

In Zwolle it was said slightly different but even more harsh (I knew what to expect and it was worse than I expected.) 'What if someone is not df'd because sometimes that happens, when a person is or becomes inactive, they have not been disciplined.... '? No contact.

There was not really a reaction.

Also 'loyalty to god above family' was emphasised very much. They said it about five or six times . And 'one word' to someone df'd could mess up the usefulness of 'shunning' so really, do not say one word to these people.

• bohm
    bohm

Technically, I guess it can be interpreted to only relate to disassociated witness (though it makes little sense because they would be inactive by definition).. I think it is a case of saying things so witness can infer it how they want.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Dissassociation has not taken in the letter, it has a broader aspect, was said in Utrecht. Not for sins only, also with inactive witness no contact.

An explicit and new, strict rule.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    So, no fading escape in the near future, I expect.

Our fast fade has been very succesful (inactive, no meetings), but me and my wife don't mind at all if the shunning will increase. In fact, the initial interest for us during the first months of our fade has already dropped to almost zero. The only ones that still contact me now and then through mail/sms, are two brothers who are kind but also wise enough to avoid questions that might embarass us and subsequently themselves.

So, we don't know what will happen AFTER this convention of reinforced fear and relentless shunning policies. We'll wait and see. I really would like to plant more seeds of TTATT but I also know that every "righteous" JW that will bring my strategy to the attention of the elders, could trigger the first step towards the chopping block of disfellowshipping. Many elderly JW's and long serving born-in families in "my" cong here... vulnerable groups with a high paranoia level. Very tricky! I'll have to focus on the ones who are not yet completely brain dead.

• Steel
    Steel

I thought the shunning for inactive ones was just for people living amoral lifestyles.

I really hope this makes people think twice about pushing their children into getting baptized in the first place. I actually do know a few dubs who didn't allow their children even under pressure from the elders to get dipped until they were 18.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Let's review....

It's a cult!!!

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

Also I noticed in the video that in the Dutch translation (voice over) they used the word 'Disfellowshipped' in the announcement. I thought the announcement always is: so and so is no longer one of JW.

But they said: 'Sonya Ericsson is disfellowshipped'.

New (old) light?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit