IS THE WATCHTOWER GUILTY OF TREASON?

by Dansk 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dansk
    Dansk

My dictionary defines treason thus: the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to overthrow the sovereign or government.

Queen Elizabeth II is the United Kingdom's reigning monarch and she is also head of the Anglican Church. Now, as we all know, JWs are forbidden to go to war to defend their country and they are also proud of the fact that their ministry includes presenting the Watchtower and Awake magazines. The Watchtower, especially, has frequently depicted various governments being overthrown by Jesus and the JWs believe that unless one becomes a JW one will die at Armageddon - and that includes Queen Elizabeth II, all her family and her UK government.

In other countries, monarchs, presidents, spiritual leaders and all their followers are threatened with complete annihilation.

Surely, espousing such a message is tantamount to treason and, as far as I know, this law has NEVER been repealed in the UK. Could it be, then, that Watchtower is guilty of treason and, therefore, should lose its many privileges?!

Dansk

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Interesting observations, Dansk! How about sending Her Majesty a WatchtowerLove letter?

I'll be sending you a PM on this subject, Dansk.

Spanner

• core
    core

Late reply but..

Treason is not a crime in the UK .." Encompassing the Death of the Sovereign".. is a crime - one of a handful that carries the death penalty still...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit