Where is the Annual Meeting 2017?

by pomo6780 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pomo6780
    pomo6780

Hmm, it's taken the big GB a long while to approve the Annual Meeting to be uploaded to their beloved tv.jw.org site. Wonder why? Well...

From what I've read, it looks like they'll probably have to cut out a lot of embarrassing bits. Wonder how Lett's "immorality ... I mean immortality" would look on an official society video? Also, the wasted pauses in Tony Morris' talk... wonder if they'll be cut out?

Well done GB for f***ing up your Audio / Video Department!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good point!

They will edit and rewrite the event until it is deemed to be acceptable....

What they don't realise is that there are probably dozens of audio copies already out there thanks to people in attendance who secretly recorded it!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I don't think we'll see an official copy based on precident. The last two special meetings that were streamed, the 2013 Annual Meeting and the 2015 Branch Visit were never put on JW Broadcasting. We'll probably get a 10 minute highlight video as usual though.

• careful
    careful

Perhaps they are planning on cherry-picking individual bits, broadcasting them later, and billing them as things "special" as they love to do.

• pomo6780
    pomo6780

Neat Blue Dog,

Since 2014 the Org has always uploaded the full program of the Annual Meeting as well as the full program of Gilead.

Videos of branch visits appear to be one-offs that are never circulated after the events.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I know, I'm just wondering if that's gonna be their standard for widely streamed events: If everybody saw it, there's no need to upload it. I suspected this even before this year's annual meeting happened.

• pomo6780
    pomo6780

Neat Blue Dog,

I had to reread my comment to you. I get what you mean now. They could very well get around it that way. However I think they would get too many letters of disappointment from the flock, so they might bend to their wishes.

• St George of England
    St George of England

If everybody saw it, there's no need to upload it. I suspected this even before this year's annual meeting happened.

It was only streamed in the US. Although this may come as a shock to many, there are other countries beyond your shores!

George

• John Davis
    John Davis

It could also be that it is a 3 hour program that needs to be translated into a number of languages. They could just be waiting for more languages to be ready to post it in a number of languages at once.

• pomo6780
    pomo6780

Update:

The Annual Meeting will now be part of a monthly broadcast. One part of it will feature as the monthly program, the other parts will be released separately.

The 143rd Gilead Graduation part 1 is the December Broadcast. Parts 2 and 3 will be posted separately later this month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit