Many of the atheists are doing better than religionists!

by anointed1 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

anointed1, I was aware we agreed.

Slightly off-topic but I think the reason atheists often behave better than religionists is that truth doesn't bother itself with events that might happen, or events that could have happened, only the events that actually have happened. This is why as cult members they are not in the news for doing good works, and their benefit to the community zero. Whilst ahiests, and of course some churches are actively involved in making the community a better place today.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Many of the atheists are doing better than religionists! - absolutely.

Which atheists force authorities to get a court order to give blood to their children?

Which atheists believe that homosexuals will be sent to hell, or should be killed by the state?

Which atheists believe that sorcery should be punished with the death penalty?

Which atheists believe that child abuse should not be reported to the authorities?

Which atheists believe that women shouldn't drive cars and leave the home without their husband's consent?

Which atheists think polygamy is acceptable?

Which atheists blow themselves up to further their cause?

Atheists are light years ahead of religionists ...

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

Viviane,

My view of atheism is that it is a very noble use of one's intellect. I think you read my words with just a surface reading, because as a Jew I support atheism. Please don't let a quick surface reading cause you to make a mistake, as you have quite a record of making very reasonable and well-presented arguments.

The point I was making is that neither a claim to atheism or religion prevents violence done in their names.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is a reason why most atheists are humanists in social ideology.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Let Buddha’s silence mean whatever, it has nothing to do with my subject. I was just contrasting two groups.

Let's do that. Moving on, why do you think Sophocles rejected the gods? Same question with Diogenes, there is ample evidence they did not.

A person who does not believe in God has no obligation to care for anyone whereas a person who believes in God feels obliged to care for others.

Why?

In this context one can ask: How can atheists care for others whereas religionists go in opposite direction?

Many religious people are quite caring and giving and many atheists are not. Religion nor a lack of it makes people neither good nor bad.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I think you read my words with just a surface reading, because as a Jew I support atheism.

No, I wasn't questioning whether you support it. I was simply pointing out that you are factually incorrect in your comments.

The point I was making is that neither a claim to atheism or religion prevents violence done in their names.

And my point was is that you presented factually incorrect evidence for your claim. Please don't let a poor understanding of history and facts cause you to make a mistake.

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

Viviane,

North Koreans aren't a good example of atheism. Neither is what happened under many violent communist regimes that did things in the name of atheism.

If you believe the opposite, that they are, then go ahead. I was illustrating that these views of history were NOT correct, not that they are.

I think the problem is that you might not want to admit that you didn't read my comments correctly. For such a wise person, I am not sure why you think this is my point. You obviously have not done your homework about me or read my other comments. Sorry that you got the wrong idea.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I think the problem is that you might not want to admit that you didn't read my comments correctly

Let's see, shall we?

You wrote "Atheists have just as bloody and monstrous a record of violating human rights and slaughtering innocents in the name of their views as people of religion do."

Factually incorrect. Please show me which part I read incorrectly.

You wrote "Whether it is North Korea where religion has been totally outlawed..."

You wrote "the People's Republic of China where freedom of religion is guaranteed as long as you freely practice according to that government's strict guidelines (or else face persecution, imprisonment, and sometimes forced conversion to the religion of China's choice):"

You wrote "the inhuman treatment of the various communist regimes that ruled under atheism with a iron but very blood fist, people with no religion are just as capable of decapitating, gutting, and denying what they do to humans as people who claim to believe in God can."

Show me where any of that was done in the name of atheism and not, as I said, in an attempt to elevate the state.

You obviously have not done your homework about me or read my other comments. Sorry that you got the wrong idea.

I got the idea that you wrote factually incorrect things from the factually incorrect things you wrote (see above for examples), it didn't require any homework.

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

Viviane,

Sorry, I tried to accept what you wrote but I couldn't get my head as far up my ass as you got yours. Probably need to have parents who are siblings like you in order to do that.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Sorry, I tried to accept what you wrote but I couldn't my head as far up my ass as you got yours. Probably need to have parents who are siblings like you in order to do that.

Insults are the last refuge of the mentally incompetent and violently impotent. Thanks for playing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit