WT and Deathbed Salvation?

by Vanderhoven7 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Eight million Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe they are saved, so how can they in short order tell you how to get saved on your deathbed?

Instead, they might tell you, “Look you are about to die and the great tribulation has not started yet, so you don't need to repent and believe anything really. Just die and your death will pay for your sins and unless you have sinned against the Holy Spirit, you will be raised along with most everybody else and learn from others such as Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, how to live for the kingdom during the 1000 year reign of Christ. If you pass a final test at the close of the 1000 years you will have attained your own righteousness and will live forever on the earth. So again, you don't have to believe anything or repent.”

What Witnesses will fail to tell you is “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved!”. They will not reiterate Jesus’ words, “Repent and believe the gospel!” Nor will they remind you of Jesus’ warning, “ If you believe not on me, you will die in your sins!” Sadly, JWs would rather you trust the words of men instead of the words of Jesus Christ.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Great thread!!

This whole JW ideology, dichotomy of NOT knowing who Jesus is,,,is because its been scrubbed from their beliefs and replaced with loyalty to the Borg and GB.

Their God has replaced Jesus,,and it's something you have to work and earn,,trumping Eph 2:8,9. Beautiful scripture btw.

No,,,Jesus clearly is the way. John 14:6. The Bible is all about Jesus.

Grace,,,has been replaced with ""undeserved kindness"" in their theology.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, and because they have the wrong Jesus, they cannot know or relate to Him personally. Tacking on His name at the end of a prayer is not a relationship. Because their Jesus is an angel, they cannot even say, "Thank you Jesus for dying for my sins".

JWs know Michael personally as much as they know Gabriel personally.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I know the Borg always talks about "one true God".

Well how many Gods can there be?.

When I was a full bore PIMI at one time and directed to John 1:1 in my own NWT. And I felt like a complete idiot when I was pointed out in one verse ''god"" and in the same verse "God".

There's no getting around that.

You feel like an idiot.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

JW: Have you come to God's visible victorious organization for salvation?

Me: What if I haven’t by the time the GT starts?

JW: Then you will be eternally destroyed by Jehovah at Armageddon along with 8 billion of the earth's inhabitants!!!

Me: Is that the good news you preach? What does the Bible teach?

JW: (getting angry): yes, it's good news for us, bad news for everyone else who can't see past the unbiblical gospel we preach, the unrelatable Jesus we proclaim, the false prophetic speculation we engaged in, the loving unscriptural disfellowship provisions we enforce and the child sex abuse we have mishandled for decades on end. If you can't see we are the one true religion and the only Christians on earth, you deserve destruction at Armageddon.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Sadly, JWs would rather you trust the words of men instead of the words of Jesus Christ.

I think about that all the time. Heretics were around while the apostles were still alive. Imagine that! In utter disregard for their own life, they were convinced they had the truth.

Some people just have a natural contrarian personality. Psychologists call this ODD (oppositional defiant disorder). These are the kinds of people that say black when you say white. Or, they say "down" if you say "up". Or, if they hear a story, they turn it into a story about themselves.

While this cannot explain all of the reasons people put their trust into men instead of Jesus, I think it explains a lot of JW's.

People also use the mental device known as "suppression". Others, are just straight up gullible and proud of it. They interpret their gullibility as good-heartedness, and being righteous. These are the people who will say, without any investigation, "it has the ring of truth". That's what my dad told me when I asked him why he joined the WT.

The bible just calls them fools.

Pr. 28: 26 - He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool

“But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.” - Gal. 1: 8

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit