Suicide the blood will reach heaven

by Chook 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

When I joined JWs my mother said " you know they don't take blood and their suicide rate is much higher than general public. In last three years I have known three young brothers All dead at their own hands, a gun ,a rope , plastic bag over head. I knew these guys personally, it's one sad story after another.

The rope guy, good parents ,dad xelder, looking from distance they ticked all the right boxes, then peer closer the son had been DF twice , once for try before buy with fiancée. I personally seen this kid totally distressed trying to get reinstated. My advice to him ( I still spoke to him) was to emplore the three judges to reflect the decision already made in heaven. I tried to reassure this kid that what the three stooges considered a crime wasn't even a crime in Israel. With time emotional pain become to much. The crazy thing is I asked his father whether any of our church teachings and actions had any detrimental effect on his emotions. WE ALL KNOW answer. I was at his house 1 hour after his dad cut his body from tree SAD SAD SAD.

The Bag guy ,dad xelder, good kid ,university education,expensive private school , but if kid didn't go to hall you would swear he was batting for the other team (gay). What can I say , acceptance was never going to visit this kid ,bag over head with masking tape ,tragic tragic.

The gun guy is young father who I think had acceptance issues from his Worldy parents, His JW wife had argument with his mother one hour later he's dead . 6&12 year old daughters left behind.

The time I was JW there have literally been dozens of deaths in 27 years.

Mr Morris ,Mr Lett on Wednesday morning when you get up from your luxurious leather chair just check your shoes for these boys blood. Religious dogma has killed again

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

In the 1980s, shortly after my dfing for apostasy, I joined a phone tree (before the internet) and made contact with over a dozen ex-JWs. We commiserated with each other trying to soothe the pain of our experiences. There was this ex-elder from Maine who I talked often with.

Once, when I called him he said that he wasn't in the mood to talk because he had just gotten home after cleaning up the blood in the house of an adolescent JW who had attempted to commit suicide - by slashing her wrists. I never learned the details or even her name but something broke inside of me and I was determined to do something no matter how symbolic.

When I went to the Memorial after that I waited until it was over and did my deed. I approached the table where the emblems were and I tipped the table over with plates and glasses going crrrash. I should have said something about why I was doing it but I usually clam up when I hate something or someone. It's unfortunate that I didn't because they thought I was just a crazy apostate unhappy with his spiritual paradise.

• Chook
    Chook

I knew another guy that turned the tables because he was indignant at the religious leaders .

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Chook

I knew another guy that turned the tables because he was indignant at the religious leaders .

Funny, I never even thought of that when I did it. I was actually told that by one of the anointed (!) who was the only one who would speak to me. And he wasn't even mad at me for doing that to his emblems.

• Chook
    Chook

At least village man he can put a good word in for you if he get there

• kramer
    kramer

And I have been attending meetings for 40 years and don't know a single person who has... Thanks for the anecdotes

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

High suicide rates?

In a fundamentalist high-control religion that places impossible requirements on its members while telling them that they're never good enough and that God might snuff them out any day, now?

Gosh, never saw that coming.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Thats why i have trashed over 1000 teaching books from the carts and countless mags if i can save just one persons live then it will have been worth it

• Chook
    Chook

Go pepperheart, my heart is bleeding every time I see these kids parents . And raged when I see how the society burns witches

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the thread title "Suicide - The Blood Will Reach Heaven" would make a good apocalyptic-Christian-goth-rock band name and debut album title?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit